Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Moxi

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Moxi »

As a newb to this it is really good to see the numbers starting to ratchet up although given the weather we have here I would expect the wind turbines to be doing well in what is arguably a mid autumn blow :shock: 18 degrees and 30mph gusts ! ok I'm in my shorts but having to wear a hoodie when I step outside the cottage, even the sheep are complaining of being cold! :winter:

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Sorry Moxi, 27 degrees here on the south coast, very gentle breeze and sun, sun and more sun. :pot-stir:
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Well somebody's got to have the worry about thermally derating panels haven't you Nowty :lol: , happily up here the colder temps are ensuring my panels are running near optimum. :evil:

Incoming generation 0.72kW :roll: thats almost the same as KH at the minute :lol:

Joking aside its actually good to hear that some are making good solar gain today, even here we have brought the battery up from 20% SoC to 48% and its given us an excuse to have a Chinese takeaway instead of cooking on the electric so every cloud(and there are lots up here today) has a silver lining :whistle:

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Going to be cheeky and ask here instead of starting another thread - beg your collective pardons - IF you were getting a smart meter and joining the octopus would you get the meter with your existing supplier and then transfer or transfer and then get the meter with the octopus ?

Just curious :?

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:42 pm Going to be cheeky and ask here instead of starting another thread - beg your collective pardons - IF you were getting a smart meter and joining the octopus would you get the meter with your existing supplier and then transfer or transfer and then get the meter with the octopus ?

Just curious :?

Moxi
Whoever is going to install one at the earliest opportunity as they must all be SMETS 2 by now. But then again if your suppler fecks up the registration on the national database you will be stuck with them for months whilst they sort it out.

Take your pick.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I would say transfer to 8pus then get the meter request submitted. A friend of mine (near me, also in the SPEN, i.e. ex MANWEB too) spent months trying to get them (SP) to tell him when he could have a smart meter, they wouldn't even talk to him about it, let alone give him a date. He didn't realise it was the energy "supplier" in the driving seat.
After my experience (Asked 8pus for one, told they would do it at the same time as my pv in 6 weeks time, but there wouldn't have been space for them to work! Meter installed a few days before the pv instead) I persuaded him to change to 8pus, then within days he had a proposed meter change date not far away and it was done!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Got to say my thought had been move to 8pus then get the meter on the basis that if it was a mess I only had to deal with the 8pus team - appreciated thanks.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

How’s the sun Nowty ? I’m very close to back feeding the batteries to the house as it’s raining here now. Managed to get to 67% Soc so enough to get through tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:19 pm How’s the sun Nowty ? I’m very close to back feeding the batteries to the house as it’s raining here now. Managed to get to 67% Soc so enough to get through tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Moxi
Just over 3kW still coming in so I am now neutral on my exportathon. Batteries at around 75% SOC, I am going to export till 3am to complete 75 continuous hours of 3kW export. Then I'll switch to have 2.5 hrs of 8kW blast from the grid back into the batteries on the remaining cheapslot.

Tomorrow looks crap but if I need more power tomorrow the EV is only at 50% so plenty of scope for extra cheapslots later in the day with IOG gaming.

I just looked at the weather for your area tomorrow, I'd keep that brolly handy. ;)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Tomorrow will be a great day as we are picking up our newest family member - an 8wk golden retriever pup. The only downside to tomorrow is that I will have to start assembling my next panel mount in the cramped shed so that I don’t get moss growing on me again.

By crap I take it you mean only 24 degrees and some fluffy clouds around in the south coast area 🤣

Actually what is the thermal output from large dogs as you could add my four dogs as heaters to the forum energy output.

Moxi