Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Moxi

Re: Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Post by Moxi »

:freezing: make the most of it JB :freezing: its n nn n not so warm here :freezing: I say roll on December when its normally a bit warmer here in North West Wales than the majority of the UK :freezing:

have a great holiday and watching your progress as a grid feeding microgenerator with interest.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well Moxi, sorry to hear it's cold at your area. :(

It's been 44 degs here today. Got a lime Rangpur g&t on the go on the pool balcony with SWMBO, the swamp cooler is blowing an apparent 31 degs. It is 😊.

Boat trip was ace and tomorrow I'm getting up early to run in a autowater extension hose. Might start thinking about the PV too.

At the end of this sequence to Microgeneration I'll do a worklist of things to do/look out for. Might help down the road. So far so good on the process. Managed to export from home while at sea today. A late afternoon session for 11kWh.

I am starting to see the possibilities here. :D

We are 3 weeks into the process and everyone has done their thing well. The only potential to shortcut I've seen/tried is contacting BG who manage my fit early. Not heard back from them yet.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Post by AGT »

Boiling here in NE Fife 17deg.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Thanks Nowty,

That was a handy tip on mailing British Gas. They have got back to me with a mail to reply to with a generation meter figure once I know the handover date.

I have let Octopus know this just now. Hopefully that will trim a few days off of the process.

I assume it is the solar generation meter figure they will want? The meter with the EML number?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 am First distance test of Hybrid inverter for discharging. Must remember to turn off HW diverter or just allow for there being a fully hot tank all the time. No bad thing to have!. :)

The barrier will be the 3.68kW discharge limit.but that's OK until the hybrid breaks down in years to come. I'll then go for G99 and a 5kW min hybrid inverter. Right, who's paying me... :hysteria:

I am impressed that the SOC isn't dropping. The Victron system on the DC side is balancing outflow of power nicely.
I see mine is exporting now that the battery is full...
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 15-18-38- General givenergy.cloud.png
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 15-18-38- General givenergy.cloud.png (41.5 KiB) Viewed 342 times
It is set to export the full 3.6kW come 1600... and if the sun is still shining it only uses the battery to make it up to the full whack. lovely Jubbly!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:25 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 am First distance test of Hybrid inverter for discharging. Must remember to turn off HW diverter or just allow for there being a fully hot tank all the time. No bad thing to have!. :)

The barrier will be the 3.68kW discharge limit.but that's OK until the hybrid breaks down in years to come. I'll then go for G99 and a 5kW min hybrid inverter. Right, who's paying me... :hysteria:

I am impressed that the SOC isn't dropping. The Victron system on the DC side is balancing outflow of power nicely.
I see mine is exporting now that the battery is full...
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 15-18-38- General givenergy.cloud.png
It is set to export the full 3.6kW come 1600... and if the sun is still shining it only uses the battery to make it up to the full whack. lovely Jubbly!
That's great to see. It is a very nice feeling to be doing a good thing.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

I really must get my head into gear around this exporting lark - other than the cable over the wall to the neighbours HWT.

Only thing holding me back is the Smart meter - just dont want one, maybe crossing my palm with silver can buy my reluctance?
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:03 pm I really must get my head into gear around this exporting lark - other than the cable over the wall to the neighbours HWT.

Only thing holding me back is the Smart meter - just dont want one, maybe crossing my palm with silver can buy my reluctance?
I'll be honest and say that until recently we'd been consuming all (most) power generated onsite. With the last set of massoovh panels that went in we were seeing regular shutdown of the Victron system and some pretty serious stack charging even on marginal days. Might as well do the right thing AND make a few quid? Get booked in Resy!

As to the overnight charge / day discharge scenario, we'll that's supply and demand economics in'it? :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:15 pm Thanks Nowty,

That was a handy tip on mailing British Gas. They have got back to me with a mail to reply to with a generation meter figure once I know the handover date.

I have let Octopus know this just now. Hopefully that will trim a few days off of the process.

I assume it is the solar generation meter figure they will want? The meter with the EML number?
Yes the generation meter reading, just like when you give your normal readings for FIT. From it they will pay you both the generation and export payment to that reading which means you might have to wait another 3 months before you give them your next generation meter reading.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:30 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:15 pm Thanks Nowty,

Yes the generation meter reading, just like when you give your normal readings for FIT. From it they will pay you both the generation and export payment to that reading which means you might have to wait another 3 months before you give them your next generation meter reading.
Thanks Nowty, 😊 done all we can to streamline the process. Hopefully next couple of weeks will get us on a paying basis. Chucked 18kWh gridward today.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs