Octopus Go Intelligent in practice ….

Joeboy

Re: Octopus Go Intelligent in practice ….

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:43 pm
nowty wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:36 pm
Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:17 pm

Indeed, my application is just in for that, so I’ll get 8p per unit. I’ll also switch off my deemed export on the FiT. Octo have told me it will take “several weeks” for that to take effect, so the timings good for the EV purchase.👍
You will currently get 15p once your on IOG.
Yep, just need to purchase an EV 😎
I'd be interested to see what you choose? I like the idea of a Citroën ami hooked to a IO qualifying charger. Especially if said small car does V2G in the near future.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:34 pm
nowty wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:36 pm

You will currently get 15p once your on IOG.
I'd be interested to see what you choose? I like the idea of a Citroën ami hooked to a IO qualifying charger. Especially if said small car does V2G in the near future.
We have previously owned an MG ZS EV & Zoe. I’m torn between the heart/wallet telling me a Leaf e+, or desire saying Tesla M3. V2G doesn't really appeal to me too much ……
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:41 pm

We have previously owned an MG ZS EV & Zoe. I’m torn between the heart/wallet telling me a Leaf e+, or desire saying Tesla M3. V2G doesn't really appeal to me too much ……
Did they go beyond the chademo connection on the leaf and install ccs? We had a leaf, liked it very much.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:46 pm

Did they go beyond the chademo connection on the leaf and install ccs? We had a leaf, liked it very much.
No, Chademo only. The Leaf has recently gone out of production, so consequently there are some good deals to be had as stocks are good. Having had a couple of previous 40 & 50kWh vehicles which “should” have been able to reach our son’s place, I’ll be going for the bigger battery version to be 100% sure. You can get CCS to Chademo adapters now anyway.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:09 pm

No, Chademo only. The Leaf has recently gone out of production, so consequently there are some good deals to be had as stocks are good. Having had a couple of previous 40 & 50kWh vehicles which “should” have been able to reach our son’s place, I’ll be going for the bigger battery version to be 100% sure. You can get CCS to Chademo adapters now anyway.
Good to know on the adapter. If they'd squeezed 300 miles into one I'd have been a buyer. All the best in the hunt. :xl:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:11 pm
Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:09 pm

Good to know on the adapter. If they'd squeezed 300 miles into one I'd have been a buyer. All the best in the hunt. :xl:
Alas not. But based on having a usable battery capacity of 59/60 kWh and a claimed range of c230 miles then I can see 200+ miles being achievable - which is fine for my purposes.
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

AGT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:14 am I have not had my car charged via the app for about 6 months since I reported it not working…..
Similarly my daughter has failed to get the app working with her Zappi-MG5 combination but has not been pushed off IO despite not being on the app for 2 months. She has never needed more than 4 hours charging so far but the strange thing is the Zappi appears to be working to GMT even though the Zappi app is showing the schedule as BST.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
nowty

Post by nowty »

openspaceman wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:14 pm
AGT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:14 am I have not had my car charged via the app for about 6 months since I reported it not working…..
Similarly my daughter has failed to get the app working with her Zappi-MG5 combination but has not been pushed off IO despite not being on the app for 2 months. She has never needed more than 4 hours charging so far but the strange thing is the Zappi appears to be working to GMT even though the Zappi app is showing the schedule as BST.
As long as you don't disconnect your connection which requires a re-onboarding process there is no time limit. I used to disable the smart charging 6 months in the summer and not get kicked. Disabling and disconnecting is different.

If you do disconnect the service, you get an email after 3 weeks saying you have a week to re-onboard or get kicked.

Some of us Tesla folk got automatically disconnected a few months back due to changes on the Tesla side requiring a virtual key for third party access. We did get an email and had to re-onboard pronto.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Tesla is great for IOG
If export is still decent then V2G could be very lucrative
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
AGT

Post by AGT »

nowty wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:29 pm
openspaceman wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:14 pm
As long as you don't disconnect your connection which requires a re-onboarding process there is no time limit. I used to disable the smart charging 6 months in the summer and not get kicked. Disabling and disconnecting is different.

If you do disconnect the service, you get an email after 3 weeks saying you have a week to re-onboard or get kicked.

Some of us Tesla folk got automatically disconnected a few months back due to changes on the Tesla side requiring a virtual key for third party access. We did get an email and had to re-onboard pronto.

Not sure to be honest it was when VW updated the app and it was all a pain waking up and the car not charged for work etc.

Also found charging lead was faulty so add that to the mix of the app issue, so may reconnect in winter when I will work 1 day a week from home