Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Krill

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Krill »

I would like to point out that as solar power is literally nuclear fusion at a safe distance, technically each house is a nuclear power station. so we are all in breach of the Octopus ToS.
nowty wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:49 am
Moxi wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:32 am They will have to level the field otherwise everyone will be swapping once a year to get the best rate - that said their other tariffs don’t come close to octopus for innovation so maybe not ?

Moxi
I think (not 100% sure) going forward you will only have one option a year to change supplier.
Do you mean this in relation to the Ripple project, or change supplier full stop? IMO this would be another really big red flag to these projects in either case. I'm not even sure what would happen if a supplier decided not to renegotiate?
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I meant that they need to get to a general parity between companies otherwise once a year everyone would go to the company paying the most for KH energy, THEN I questioned my own suggestion by reminding myself that 1.5p extra isn’t going to undermine the octopus go tariff or similar.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Krill wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:54 pm I would like to point out that as solar power is literally nuclear fusion at a safe distance, technically each house is a nuclear power station. so we are all in breach of the Octopus ToS.
nowty wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:49 am
Moxi wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:32 am They will have to level the field otherwise everyone will be swapping once a year to get the best rate - that said their other tariffs don’t come close to octopus for innovation so maybe not ?

Moxi
I think (not 100% sure) going forward you will only have one option a year to change supplier.
Do you mean this in relation to the Ripple project, or change supplier full stop? IMO this would be another really big red flag to these projects in either case. I'm not even sure what would happen if a supplier decided not to renegotiate?
Distance safe, nuclear home fusion power plants? That's excellent, where do I buy THAT T-shirt? :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I actually think the higher PPA for EON is actually a good sign of the payout we Octopus folk are likely to get by the end of the year, as year ahead wholesale prices have risen since around March from 6p / kWh to 8p / kWh and been quite stable of late.

I note that the last quarter of this year OFGEM is likely to increase the energy cap by about 10% as a consequence.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sitting with a cold beer, pleasantly surprised to see GF & KH cranking hard. :xl:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:16 pm Sitting with a cold beer, pleasantly surprised to see GF & KH cranking hard. :xl:
16MW+ currently coming from KH. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:54 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:16 pm Sitting with a cold beer, pleasantly surprised to see GF & KH cranking hard. :xl:
16MW+ currently coming from KH. :mrgreen:
I don't as a rule celebrate Season end. The rise of the WT's though..... mibbees?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Very close to 100% cap. Nice to see.

Pity their comms to investors are still a hide and go seek shitshow. I've written them off for any hope to being an investor engaged, forward thinking outfit.

Literally not willing to step up and be more than Sarah's FF derived model that she learned coming up...

Kills me, absolutely kills me. I'll just take the 💰. They really could have been so much more. :(
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

In my very limited experience of investing then with the vast majority of companies all we mostly get is an annual finance report or if lucky a six or three month update. Unless of course they seek further finance when all of a sudden they are keen to explain how well they are now doing with promise of jam just around the corner.
While Ripple may have disappointed some, their responses to me have always been timely, informative and courteous. Unlike those posted by some members on the community page. Possibly due to them being more used to the language and phraseology used on social media websites. I'm hoping it doesn't descend further.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:35 pm In my very limited experience of investing then with the vast majority of companies all we mostly get is an annual finance report or if lucky a six or three month update. Unless of course they seek further finance when all of a sudden they are keen to explain how well they are now doing with promise of jam just around the corner.
While Ripple may have disappointed some, their responses to me have always been timely, informative and courteous. Unlike those posted by some members on the community page. Possibly due to them being more used to the language and phraseology used on social media websites. I'm hoping it doesn't descend further.
If you are happy with the personal touch to date I am genuinely glad for you. I have since their earliest days felt a discord between their 'Happy We're all in it together, please send money approach' and their actual communication with investors once they are in.

Best way I can describe it is a tardiness to convey the downside in natural progress/speed bumps while instead letting loose in compensation with lots of optimistic misdirective bumff aimed at a lowest common denominator.

I see an almost pyramid selling designed cynicism rather than an RE forward thinking investor based value to grow from word of mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the money as long it survives but as just one more investment with no real 'soul'.

I think they could have been SO much more as an alive co-op corp at no real cost to themselves. But they're not and they are showing alarming signs of censorship at any criticism. Not a good trend.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs