This ones for Nowty

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Moxi

This ones for Nowty

Post by Moxi »

Saw this and thought of Mrs Nowty (I also thought of poor old Nowty's batteries and exports ), just blame me Nowty its ok. :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/lif ... d7c1&ei=67

I sometimes - not often - catch my wife putting the temperature up to forty, but generally she washes a mixed load programme at 30 degrees to avoid my sighs of anguish, I always wash the same mixed load at 20 degrees, we always both spin at 1400 rpm to minimise time in the HP dryer - we cant hang washing out to dry up here often as its either always raining (so it seems this year) or blowing a gale and launching the laundry in to the next county never found a reliable peg to hold the washing on the rotary dryer and even when the laundry does stay put it wouldn't be the first time the dryer has been blown over and bent the main pole to destruction.

Moxi
dan_b

Re: This ones for Nowty

Post by dan_b »

My default cycle for colours is cottons at 30C with 1400RPM spin. White clothes at 60C and bedding and towels at 60C alternating with 90C occasionally.

Don’t think I’ve never tried the delicates cycle. I tried the “sportswear” one recently when I had a whole wash load of synthetic sports kit - no idea what difference that made!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
AGT

Post by AGT »

Everyday- 30
Whites 60
Towels 90- also helps prevent w/machine from smelling.
John_S

Post by John_S »

Nearly always a 1600rpm spin for me. Either 30 or 40 with the occasional 60.
nowty

Post by nowty »

It would be impossible for SWMBO to wash anything at 30, except if she uses the delicate cycle. I managed to get her to use 40 on most mixed loads but sheets go on 50 or 60. We use 90 once a year to clean the machine out but only on a very sunny day.

She also uses high water level, extended wash time, extra stain remover powder and poncy fabric conditioner. :facepalm:

The latest issue which I exploded about was scent balls, I tried to explain that most of the product will be rinsed out in the first two rinses but what did I find in the cupboard the week after. :surrender:

On the plus side we don't use a tumble dryer and SWMBO is not interested in them. :xx:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:17 pm It would be impossible for SWMBO to wash anything at 30, except if she uses the delicate cycle. I managed to get her to use 40 on most mixed loads but sheets go on 50 or 60. We use 90 once a year to clean the machine out but only on a very sunny day.

She also uses high water level, extended wash time, extra stain remover powder and poncy fabric conditioner. :facepalm:

The latest issue which I exploded about was scent balls, I tried to explain that most of the product will be rinsed out in the first two rinses but what did I find in the cupboard the week after. :surrender:

On the plus side we don't use a tumble dryer and SWMBO is not interested in them. :xx:
60 & 90 at our house. :roll: Glad the machine has delay function to put it into IO zone. Gonna upgrade to a 10kg Miele when this one craters
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:17 pm She also uses high water level, extended wash time, extra stain remover powder and poncy fabric conditioner. :facepalm:
If only our Bosch had an extra water setting!
It does nearly all the washing and rinses with barely enough water in to see it through the window. I'm sure it is shredding our clothes...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

nowty wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:17 pm
No idea what mrs Resybaby does with the washing machine, quite traditional and old fashioned division of blue or pink jobs at ours. I fit white goods, she operates them. I fix the car and do all the (historical) 'man stuff', diy, gardening, logs etc.

One thing she has been pestering me about this last week or two is a new tumble drier.

Mrs Resy fancies a heat pump powered one to replace the current vented type. Didnt even know such a thing existed, but having looked into them a bit they look quite good for those with solar/batteries, as only approx a 1kw peak power draw, so likely to concede defeat in a few days and acquire some more bartered peace. Shes Just got to decide on a specific model, 10kg load for £400ish, not to bad.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

resybaby wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:48 am One thing she has been pestering me about this last week or two is a new tumble drier.

Mrs Resy fancies a heat pump powered one to replace the current vented type. Didnt even know such a thing existed, but having looked into them a bit they look quite good for those with solar/batteries, as only approx a 1kw peak power draw, so likely to concede defeat in a few days and acquire some more bartered peace. Shes Just got to decide on a specific model, 10kg load for £400ish, not to bad.
Mrs Pablo and I were looking at a tumble drier when Mini Pablo arrived, but we ended up going with a Meaco Arete dehumidifier and a good sized drying rack instead. 300ish watts for 6 hours on the laundry program and everything is bone dry.
Works especially well when you hang clothes on a hanger, they end up wardrobe ready with no need to iron.

I like it because the dehumidifier can take care of keeping house moisture down in the winter too.
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

MrPablo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:14 am
resybaby wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:48 am One thing she has been pestering me about this last week or two is a new tumble drier.

Mrs Pablo and I were looking at a tumble drier when Mini Pablo arrived, but we ended up going with a Meaco Arete dehumidifier and a good sized drying rack instead. 300ish watts for 6 hours on the laundry program and everything is bone dry.
Works especially well when you hang clothes on a hanger, they end up wardrobe ready with no need to iron.

I like it because the dehumidifier can take care of keeping house moisture down in the winter too.
This is what we do to for drying as does daughterly in Edinburgh and by extension No1 son but that's because SWMBO does his washing. The tumble dryer has been off for over a year.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees