Balcony solar PV

Moxi

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by Moxi »

Very similar set up here JB and Krill, I used a cast iron plate as a base, the double induction pad is sat across the top of the gas rings on the cast iron plate and the tefal air fryer and air fryer "oven" next to it, not for long though as the new induction range is due to be fitted at the weekend after the electrician runs in a new 45Amp supply for it.

After that the twin induction will go down to the eldest sons place to replace his electric resistance cooker, he's already got an air fryer to replace the oven element.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:36 am It is maddening though isnt it, small panels being more expensive, I was on city plumbing web site last night and 410W was £56, Bi facials started at £68 - (couldn't find any varifocals tho :hysteria: )

I think I might be driving up to my local city plumbing with the roof rack on for a few at £56 quid or I may try some of the £68 pound if I can get my head around the mounting requirements and how I can do it in my windy area safely.

Got to tread carefully though as I still have two panels in the shed from my previous purchases that need to be installed so SWMBO might put her foot down if I bungle the "sales pitch"

Moxi
Via the power of a lime Rangpur G&T I have negotiated four secondhand panels. :)
Hoymiles do a HMS 1200 4T unit, underselling it by hooking in 4 of 6 yr old 230W panels but it would get the job done. I have an armoured 3 core cable. Got the mounting timbers. Really just a 50mtr reel of DC cable and a few sets of MC4's (8 of) and we would be off to the races... again.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Well done JB your ability to sniff out a good deal is fast becoming legendary :xl:

Here has been another October day with a grand total of 4kWh harvested through the murk but it’s 4 more than I would otherwise have so can’t grumble :D

The mobile heater is asleep on my feet too so it’s nice and cosy.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:04 pm Well done JB your ability to sniff out a good deal is fast becoming legendary :xl:

Here has been another October day with a grand total of 4kWh harvested through the murk but it’s 4 more than I would otherwise have so can’t grumble :D

The mobile heater is asleep on my feet too so it’s nice and cosy.

Moxi
Sorry to hear it's Oct already. I won't share my local weather news. Glad the bio heater is doing well! Brilliant! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The transport cost killed the Bimble 230W option. £180 for 6 panels including vat. The transport cost sadly is also £180, damn! :whako:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Well it’s got to be 40 degrees somewhere Joe, next few days look like we will get some bright light which is enough to keep us off the grid, just not today, not really got above twilight level.

A wind turbine however would have done very well today - bordering on scary.

The bio heater is still able to get in and out through the cat flap ( much to the annoyance of the cats) but I fear within a few weeks there may be a bit too much belly to allow him that luxury :D

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:16 pm The transport cost killed the Bimble 230W option. £180 for 6 panels including vat. The transport cost sadly is also £180, damn! :whako:
That’s a shame, if it was six smaller panels will two larger 460’s or similar not fit the space ? Are you fitting the space or matching voltages for the HM ?

Moxi
AGT

Post by AGT »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:16 pm The transport cost killed the Bimble 230W option. £180 for 6 panels including vat. The transport cost sadly is also £180, damn! :whako:

Still a good deal for you if it’s working out for you.

I picked up a 1kW solis inverter the other week just need the panels now
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

TBH, I am ahead of my own game here. Need to get some accurate measurements once home. I'd rather buy in central Scotland and go with EV and blankets for collection. Try and hit the goldilocks size/output ratio while inhabiting the almost purple poly market. :oO:

It was grand to find the the 4 panel 1200W Hoymiles micro exists. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:17 pm Well it’s got to be 40 degrees somewhere Joe, next few days look like we will get some bright light which is enough to keep us off the grid, just not today, not really got above twilight level.

A wind turbine however would have done very well today - bordering on scary.

The bio heater is still able to get in and out through the cat flap ( much to the annoyance of the cats) but I fear within a few weeks there may be a bit too much belly to allow him that luxury :D

Moxi
Funny how quickly the marginal season flip arrives. I've been surprised at the crank at both KH & GF even while GF has been maintained this week.

I am increasingly trying to chip away at the shoulder months from our own place. The turbines are a given to spool up and start honking out power in vast underpaid swathes. 3.2p v's 15p, all subject to change? I DO like a bit of control, the more I've got the more I can treat Ripple as a toy. (Scaletrix set type deal).
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs