Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Moxi

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Moxi »

Fintray wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:10 pm Well look at that it’s bang opposite my most favourite sewage treatment works, spent many happy hours at that site watching life float past, great place !

Moxi
Was that life floating past on the sewage inlet or the tidal inlet that you are alluding to Moxi? :whistle:
The sewage inlet,

To pass the time while we waited for various things we would play tomatoes and sweetcorn, you would pick one your colleague the other and then you would watch the inlet channel and count tomato seeds and sweet corn kernels, first to a hundred won. You could count other things but that can get gross very quickly.

I was once chased around a wet well by the biggest floater in the world ! There I was up to my chest in Mrs jones dirty water and stuff wearing full waders hard hat and clip board and pencil taking notes when the huge log dropped through the inlet and proceeded towards me like some sort of guided torpedo! Well you don’t want to slip in that sort of environment and depth was not my friend so I was tippy toeing in the opposite direction as fast as possible, happily the P1 float initiated around that time and the level and current in the wet well changed so I got back to the ladder intact! That afternoon as I drove home from Hoyle Rd sps under the flight path from Heathrow I was looking for anyone walking with a limp as I am convinced the owner of that immense specimen must have been left somewhat traumatised and rectally incapacitated :shock: anyway I digress, yes it was the inlet channel before the screens at the head of the works.

Moxi
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I was on a confined spaces [control] course where there was a contingent from N Ireland. They called it "the lumpy water!"

Luckily we were only in a training "sewer" and it was all clean - apart from a probable leptospirosis risk of course. I can't imagine they could have stopped rats from getting into the tunnels completely, but maybe the training area really was perfectly fenced off... Mind you I have actually done jobs in foul sewers and nearly lost my breakfast! (Whatever was likely to happen, I never dared set out on a day's work without enough grub in me to keep my brain functioning properly!)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

That’s just reminded me that I need to do my confined spaces refresher before the end of August, I’m getting too old for crawling down 800 dia pipes but the companies I work with insist we have the training and then insist that we don’t enter confined spaces at work sites :whako:

Strange old world.

The smell never seems to get to me funnily enough, even the metallic taint at the back of your throat when in the presence of septic sludge doesn’t do much and that’s usually enough to send most scurrying for an upwind position.

Back on the subject of tomatoes the screenings skip at the head works is usually a brilliant place to get tomato plant seedlings and later in the season ripe tomatoes.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

I wish I hadn't asked
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

I had to drop SWMBO off at a medical appointment in Southampton so instead of paying the parking, I decided to kill some time by going round to near Moxi's sewage works to get a photo of the ship containing the DW Solar panels.

The ship is huge.

And one for Moxi, the sewage works. :lol:
Last edited by nowty on Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Is that ship poewred using LNG rather than oil, or does the reference to LNG Powered refer to somehing else?
nowty

Post by nowty »

Countrypaul wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:25 pm Is that ship poewred using LNG rather than oil, or does the reference to LNG Powered refer to somehing else?
Yes the ship is LNG powered.
https://www.cmacgm-group.com/en/news-me ... red-vessel
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Bless you Nowty :xl:

Hope SWMBO is keeping well, the weather looks good down your way, it’s bright up here but a stiff 30mph blow is keeping it unseasonably cool

Fintray, it’s not that bad honest.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Nowty,

You must be fairly local (50 ish miles local) to my old house at Bordon Camp aka Bordon and Whitehall ? I was down at Buriton and Petersfield a while back doing some engineering assessments, was nice to be back in familiar areas. Surprised by the volume of new build homes that have appeared everywhere!

Moxi
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

oooh dont go mentioning sewerage inlets, seen far far too many of those myself operating such plant in Brum and down here in Cornwall.
Had a dead sheep carcas arrive in the inlet chamber once, and unbelievably one day a whole single matress!

Some big sewers in Brum, they used to chuck a huge ball, must have been 20 feet diameter, made from massive timbers down the pipes in Minworth to clear the line from sticky bits.

Happy days, once you got used to the honk.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation