Balcony solar PV

Moxi

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by Moxi »

Blimey Resybaby your wolf hound is fairly dwarfed by those panels ! Or is it a case of dog far away panel near in a father ted style sketch !

Moxi

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:08 pm Crikey these look so much bigger when on the floor.
10 for the roof, hopefully starting next Wednesday

Looking forward to seeing what resybaby and AGT come up with for these systems. Those big panels are serious beasties to handle at height but incredible as roofing and just knock out endless swathes of power once in place.

We had excellent squalls blowing through yesterday and I was sitting in the bootroom with a cuppa enjoying the events , dry as a bone and breathing clean still air. 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

10 are to replace the existing 190's JB, the ones in the weirdy shape up on my roof already.
so not much of a size increase in essence, just for asthetics realy to match the other system & to squeeze the last bit out of my Ecco3.6kw. 4 panels along the bottom row and 6 on the top. Dodges flue shading too :)

Bit of a weight save as a bonus 280kg as against 336kg, every little helps.

If old Resybaby could convince mrs Resy, and was going to be around for long enough to see the benifits id be slapping a couple of rows on the 15m long north roof and going full on off-grid mode - dont like paying the nasty standing charges for bugger all power sucking purposes. That cash could buy me 4 panels extra per year!

Cracking programme Moxi, love the mrs Doyle falling off the roof clip - bet she was installing PV

4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
AGT

Post by AGT »

My installs are on 2 seperate roofs, one my family room where I hope to get 6 or 7 panels and then on the house either side of a dormer , 3 each side, I bought 15 as any spare I will find another home for them.

New locations suffer from slight shading as the sun tracks around so need to decide what to do with that.

Currently have a phased approach to work, with possible hybrid/battery inverter next year, and these systems tied into the battery direct.

Just deciding on Underground Swa routes from garage to house which are seperate to allow these works to proceed( in no rush)

Got 10mm2 Swa x2 for feed to inverter and another one for the UPS, plus cat 6 for CT metering, plus one for Wi-Fi for the garage.

Looking for 3x6mm2 Swa feeds to come from the new panels back to the proposed battery location that will tie into the battery via some victron gear later.

Also have a spare input on the sunny boy 2500 inverter in the garage and a spare 1kW Solis in case I want to do something….

Might draw out a schematic later to run it past the group as I’ve never used the Victron stuff..
AGT

Post by AGT »

Image attached
3 either side of dormer and the rest on the other roof t the right
nowty

Post by nowty »

That’s a tough roof but even so, there are still solutions if you think it through. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

It doesn't seem that long ago that 16.45hrs would be getting to end of PV generation for us, or at the very least the power would be very much on the wane. Just installed the final used Enphase M215 this afternoon down at WS site. SWMBO is out at her Mum's so its a good chance to test system recovery later in the year.

Export turned off at 16.45hrs. Let's see what it recovers to in an hour? Bear in mind cloud cover is a strong possibility, as is rain. Very much, real world, no refining.

SOC as I turned export off.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:06 pm Image

Image attached
3 either side of dormer and the rest on the other roof t the right
Good view of the Tay bridge too.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Happy with that, 8% soc recovery. :D This time last year it would have been neutral at best.

The test hour was 50/50 sun & cloud so a typical early evening here with no embellishments.

WBS is on too :twisted:

Small, bootroom logstore ongoing. Laminating the last of the storm Arwen sourced sawmill timber from the bootroom build itself. These are the overstrips on the external cladding that failed muster due to knots etc. Good enough as cutouts for glulam though.

I'll see how far we get on the soc before swmbo returns but the clouds come in, and I don't think generation is more that 0.5kW now. :roll:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT