Balcony solar PV

Joeboy

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by Joeboy »

I do have a soft spot for my collection of Enphase M215 micros. Although they're not the prettiest installation. :facepalm:

They're really not! Great for single or dual panel odd spot harvesting. I much prefer the Hoymiles smaller form factor.

A grey day today but still managing a tad under 2kW incoming when all bits & bobs accounted for. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Silverwings

Post by Silverwings »

Does anyone on here have a Sunsynk 5kw hybrid inverter? I've got a Deye microinverter that I'd like to feed into my setup with some power (1.5kw) from a new shed. This will be on top of the DC produced into the string inverter from the PV.

Can this go into the aux/generator port and just add to the total amount produced? The sunsynk settings seem to suggest it's only commanded on between certain battery levels. Confused!

Might be better off to have them wired straight into the main ac for use or export. Thanks
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Silverwings wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:46 am Does anyone on here have a Sunsynk 5kw hybrid inverter? I've got a Deye microinverter that I'd like to feed into my setup with some power (1.5kw) from a new shed. This will be on top of the DC produced into the string inverter from the PV.

Can this go into the aux/generator port and just add to the total amount produced? The sunsynk settings seem to suggest it's only commanded on between certain battery levels. Confused!

Might be better off to have them wired straight into the main ac for use or export. Thanks
The micro is designed to output AC, might as well. What else do you have pulling on the circuit you intend to connect to? It is recommended to tie the micro into a dedicated spur tied back to the CU via its own breaker. Personally, I took a close look at what was on my circuits and went ahead.

Is the micro new, have you used it before? I ask as it looks quite a bit like the original one i tried. It blew up on the second power up. Hopefully your one will be fine. If it isn't, have a look at Hoymiles if you need to replace. Hopefully that advice is not needed. Can't help on the Inverter port.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Silverwings wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:46 am Does anyone on here have a Sunsynk 5kw hybrid inverter? I've got a Deye microinverter that I'd like to feed into my setup with some power (1.5kw) from a new shed. This will be on top of the DC produced into the string inverter from the PV.

Silver
I have a sunsynk ECCO hybrid 3.6kw invertor with the aux/gen ports you mention.
I also have a totally separate FIt system, that for some obscure reason ive yet to understand DOESNT feed into my batteries, without a bit of jiggery pokery using the sunsynks settings/ports you mention.

In effect, to trap my FIT's power and divert it to my batteries i have to tell my Sunsynk invertor that it has a 'microinverter' connected(in my case my 4kw FIt system), it then works fine. I assume the same would occur if you rigged up your additional microinverter and did the same thing?

Assuming your Sunsynk has the same screens as mine (sounds like it does), then these are the settings i use in the AUX screen tab on my inverter to 'trap' the extra power from my 'microinverter'.

The timing elements in AUX can also be used to 'switch' the GEN port on and off between battery SOC's, it operates like a diverter then depending on chosen battery levels. I have my GEN port wired up to what i call an 'excess solar socket' to use this option sometimes.

I understand my inverter can handle a 'microinverter' input of 4kw maximum. Although what the point of that is on a 3.6kw inverter escapes me. Can however confirm that operating my two systems in this manner (badly) described above allows me to put a maximum of 4800w into my battery by combining the two inputs i.e. the sunsynks own PV and the 'microinveeter' FIT system.

Far easier to demonstrate than explain so hope ive helped a little here.

4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Silverwings

Post by Silverwings »

Thanks resybaby. I'm actually looking to export all of the microinverter production, but I'm glad that it's actually possible to connect them in the first place to the AUX port rather than having them on a seperate circuit.
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

No worries Silver, if i untick 'for micro inverter input' all my FIt exports too, so should be fine.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
AGT

Post by AGT »

AGT wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:26 pm Joe- just been to Perth for a shopping visit…..
He threw in bags of fixings that I haven’t had time to look at it
Managed 15, appreciate the heads up!

Done some first fix cabling

10mm2 inverter supply
10mm2 inverter load
4mm2 Swa - spare
6mm2 4core Swa to roof for future PV
16mm2 earth to rod position
4xcat6a for metering/ Wi-Fi/data/spare

Some cleated to wall, data cables coiled up and waiting for trench.

Will tidy garage end later and work back to the house.
In prep for house battery install in 2025
Last edited by AGT on Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AGT

Post by AGT »

There will be a timber fence to hide the cables in future so won’t be looking at them!
Silverwings

Post by Silverwings »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:16 am

The micro is designed to output AC, might as well. What else do you have pulling on the circuit you intend to connect to? It is recommended to tie the micro into a dedicated spur tied back to the CU via its own breaker. Personally, I took a close look at what was on my circuits and went ahead.

Is the micro new, have you used it before? I ask as it looks quite a bit like the original one i tried. It blew up on the second power up. Hopefully your one will be fine. If it isn't, have a look at Hoymiles if you need to replace. Hopefully that advice is not needed. Can't help on the Inverter port.
Thanks Joeboy. I just want all the microinverter production to go straight out on export. If the microinverter stuff is producing then almost certainly the DC main array will be covering my current usage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:15 pm Image

There will be a timber fence to hide the cables in future so won’t be looking at them!
Nice 21st Century cabling on a traditional wall. Will you be live on this PV extension before Winter?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs