Balcony solar PV

AGT

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by AGT »

Not sure mate, just progressing things/ spreading install cost over a longer period.

Once this cabling is run, glanded, isolators fitted etc fitted made live will look at batteries..

Got 2 more future cable runs for the second phase will do later, another 6mm Swa feed in a different direction to the other proposed panels on the roof, and another 6mm to the 2011 inverter so once FIT runs out in 12 years the original PV can be diverted to the Hybrid inverter taking the 25 year old sunny boy out the equation.
chris_n

Post by chris_n »

Hofer (Aldi) over here are at it again, system with 2 450W bifacial panels, 800W inverter and 2.24kWh storage battery in this week's flyer for €1,199

Living the dream in Austria.
Uk property 3.75kW PV linked to 3kW inverter.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

chris_n wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:31 pm Hofer (Aldi) over here are at it again, system with 2 450W bifacial panels, 800W inverter and 2.24kWh storage battery in this week's flyer for €1,199

Brilliant Chris, a really good price for a flexible system

I'm back in Germany & Belguim. Currently over the hill from Spa racetrack. Can hear it when out walking but quiet on site as we have a small shallow river rippling along for acoustic accompany.

Here's a few from the village we are in. A strong PV uptake here.

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
chris_n

Post by chris_n »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:02 pm
chris_n wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:31 pm Hofer (Aldi) over here are at it again, system with 2 450W bifacial panels, 800W inverter and 2.24kWh storage battery in this week's flyer for €1,199

I'm back in Germany & Belguim. Currently over the hill from Spa racetrack. Can hear it when out walking but quiet on site as we have a small shallow river rippling along for acoustic accompany.

(Pics removed)
They seem to be going for PV in a big way over here at the moment. They just put a 30kW system on the Kindergarten over the last two days with trace heating to keep the snow off in the winter. The neighbours have fitted a small East / West system on their shed and my landlord is asking me about fitting a balcony system on his terrace in the next few weeks.
Living the dream in Austria.
Uk property 3.75kW PV linked to 3kW inverter.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

chris_n wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:25 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:02 pm

(Pics removed)
They seem to be going for PV in a big way over here at the moment. They just put a 30kW system on the Kindergarten over the last two days with trace heating to keep the snow off in the winter. The neighbours have fitted a small East / West system on their shed and my landlord is asking me about fitting a balcony system on his terrace in the next few weeks.
We passed some vast solar farms heading from Rotterdam to Cologne and many more under construction. I see a significant increase in residential solar too since our last Euro trip a couple of years ago. Good to see garden ground mounts and shed builds too. 10 years back it was all on home roofs. Great to see, swmbo is loving the architecture. We are quite happy to just walk about a village and see what's what. :)

Our balcony style add-ons (about 3 of 800W systems worth, maybe a little less) have made a huge impact at our home. Not to be underestimated what they can bring from essentially a supermarket shop! :ugeek:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees