Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:39 pm Yeah it’s quite lively here but that’s typical weather and I think it is here just because I’m only half way through ballasting my latest panel mount so it’s a bit flexible in the 50 to 60 mph gusts :? oh well it calms down at 2 am so not too long - just watching the telegraph pole twitching in the wind too :shock:

Moxi
Was thinking about u t'other day Moxi. A bonny house we passed on a walk had some of that smashing thin (4 inch?) Gabion fencing. Steel structural vertical posts to strengthen the run of fence. Only seen it here in Germany but very effective. I'll dig out a photo I took.

Me n SWMBO doing droont rat impersonation.

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Septembers capacity factor graphs for GF and KH,

GF did well exceeding baseline by 13%.

KH did less well at 19% below baseline.
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

News in for Whitelaw Brae windfarm members yesterday, a potential co-investor has been found and further sales to Ripple members have been suspended whilst the talks are ongoing.

A specific FAQ can be found here,
https://static.rippleenergy.com/assets/ ... 2B+FAQ.pdf
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fueltheburn

Post by Fueltheburn »

nowty wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:46 pm News in for Whitelaw Brae windfarm members yesterday, a potential co-investor has been found and further sales to Ripple members have been suspended whilst the talks are ongoing.

I take it this means they did not sell enough shares for the project to go ahead and required outside investment?

Ergo timescales for completion will have slipped as well
3kW FIT Solar
0.8kW balcony solar.
2,372 W of turbine at Whitelaw Brae
6kw Panasonic air to air heat pump for downstairs.
2 WBS. Stovax 8kw and 5kw Morso squirrel
Rointe D series in 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
Aiming to go fully electric....
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Fueltheburn wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:55 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:46 pm News in for Whitelaw Brae windfarm members yesterday, a potential co-investor has been found and further sales to Ripple members have been suspended whilst the talks are ongoing.

I take it this means they did not sell enough shares for the project to go ahead and required outside investment?

Hmmm , bit of a sour taste -wouldn't let me invest more without proof of consumption. I guess the "found" investor uses a lot of electricity ........ one rule for one and all that............
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ecogeorge wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:46 pm

Hmmm , bit of a sour taste -wouldn't let me invest more without proof of consumption. I guess the "found" investor uses a lot of electricity ........ one rule for one and all that............
Ripple are shit. Oh sorry, did I say that out loud? Quasi Disneyland, part time, half arsed "HI, we're all SUCH good friends here" type dicks.with a nice right wing control ethos when it doesn't go Ken&Barbies way.
Wanks.

I'd have literally done a million with them but they're rear view mirror now. 8-)

The thing is, if you play with other people's money, you better be bang on and pro about it and they're not.

Shell shit all over them and they're meant to be the bad competition(let's face it they are), Ripple are more like a wet fart in a blanket. Maybe they'll never be anything other than part time Butlins types, sad.

Open for debate though.

P.S. How are the books with Ripple doing, have they done them yet? Where's the expenses going? How many Billy & Johnny staff (we're all just SO loving our jobs. Sorry, a turbine, what's that?)" are we supporting? Who's actually cracking the whip there?

I've done 20G on them as a trial in the hope that they'd be marvelous. They've not, they've been shit, late, dissembled, amateur.

I've also done 700G on Shell knowing they'll keep the lights on for my family when I'm dead. See the difference, not a single bobbly hat in sight. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Krill

Post by Krill »

Co-ops don't work for the people that can afford to invest because of the tax system, even if Ripple were a perfect company it wouldn't make sense except as a charity. And it's all downhill from there.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Krill wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:15 pm Co-ops don't work for the people that can afford to invest because of the tax system, even if Ripple were a perfect company it wouldn't make sense except as a charity. And it's all downhill from there.
Why should there be a difference? Honest question. How is the tax system.getting in the way of a company hitting stated goals? Interested.

It's a moot point to me as I had an epiphany on the road to Cologne and literally stopped my van at the side of the road, made tea and threw hundreds of thousands across the ether while the water warmed. I popped out the other side much happier and more streamlined.

Ripple are a wind up toy off to the side.

I did it all with this view. Apt I thought.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

ecogeorge wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:46 pm

Co-investors don't need any proof of consumption but I believe they need to stump up a minimum of £100k+ and are non Coop shareholders in the SPV (special purpose vehicle) which is the financial entity which owns the asset. By being non Coop members they side step the 120% energy use rule which the FCA has agreed with Ripple Energy for their type of Coop structure.

There is info on co-investors in the share offer doc of Whitelaw Brae, section 9.
https://static.rippleenergy.com/media/d ... _offer.pdf
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
djh

Post by djh »

"they side step the 120% energy use rule which the FCA has agreed with Ripple Energy for their type of Coop structure"

and AIUI the 120% limit is necessary for the favourable tax treatment of 'our' ownership.