Octopus epic fail

Stinsy

Re: Octopus epic fail

Post by Stinsy »

The guy who fitted my smart meter was very efficient, knowledgable, and tolerant of me looking over his shoulder / asking questions.

Getting someone out took over a year and a complaint to Greg though...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nice one, two for 2 U n Nowty, a year apart yet a win!

This reply in from Alex at Octopus

'Hi Joe,

As I have said before, I am sorry that this is taking so long to resolve. I do completely agree that it isn't a good representation of us as a company and it is something that is noted.

The meter that is fitted in January will be a brand new meter and therefore we have no reason to expect that this would not work. I would not guarantee this obviously, however I will continue to be working with this until your meters are working and we have compensated you for the time this has taken.'

I'm away to Belfast to see some mates tomorrow and have a pint. Putting this on the back burner now (did you see what I did there)? :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Hi Joe,

I have been informed today that you have taken your complaint with us to the Ombudsman. By coincidence, I am also one of the people her at Octopus who handles Ombudsman cases so as your complaint has been opened with me, I have been assigned it.

I can see your requested remedies are the meter be exchanged immediately, being moved over to the Go Faster tariff and compensation for the struggles you have faced whilst dealing with us.

I have been in touch with the engineers to see what we can do about bringing your meter exchange forward. This is entirely at the discretion of the engineers and their availability however I should have an answer regarding this tomorrow or Monday. It is worth noting that the Ombudsman cannot get us to move an appointment closer, they can only ask that one be booked, which we have already done.

In regards to moving on to Go Faster, with it being a smart tariff, we do need a working smart meter and to be getting half hourly readings from the meter for you to move over to this tariff. As such, after your meter exchange is complete, if we are able to connect and get the readings, we will be able to move you over to Octopus Go Faster. As this is dependant on establishing connection to your meter, as stated in the terms and conditions, the Ombudsman cannot make us put you on this tariff as it is dependant on other variables.

You mention how you were not informed about being taken off of Agile during this time, however this is something that is stated in our terms and conditions for Agile.

Taking into consideration what has been said, we are given the opportunity with the Ombudsman to come to an early resolution. This is agreed upon with us and then submitted through the Ombudsman portal for you to accept. Please find my offer below:

Octopus energy offers to issue a formal letter of apologyOctopus energy offers to apply £200 goodwill to Joe Inglis' energy account.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Kindest regards,

Alex W

Customer Happiness 🐙

Alexfrom Octopus Energy
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Are you going to ask for 400+ quid to be put into your ripple account then Joe?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:45 am Are you going to ask for 400+ quid to be put into your ripple account then Joe?
I'll see what they say next week. I'm not really looking to gouge them. Just shake their cage a little and make them think on it hopefully.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Well, it might be an opportunity to get them to acknowledge the scenario & instigate a golden charter of responsibility & change to self prescribed deadlines that avoids this mess & damnable frustration.
Because right now it appears their response is like a stick bobbing around a foot underwater in a mill-runs wheel drop, waiting to be spat out randomly.

Instigate change.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:09 pm Well, it might be an opportunity to get them to acknowledge the scenario & instigate a golden charter of responsibility & change to self prescribed deadlines that avoids this mess & damnable frustration.
Because right now it appears their response is like a stick bobbing around a foot underwater in a mill-runs wheel drop, waiting to be spat out randomly.

Instigate change.
Let's see the reaction.

'Hi Alex,

How does this sound. The meter failed on the 9th Feb 21, you have booked the meter replacement for the 31st Jan. That's 8 days off of a full year. A nominal £1 per day would be £357. I've had to have this in my mind for all this time, £1 per day seems cheap. If the meter is fitted earlier the compensation drops inline.

That's an honest deal and performance linked exchange.
Thanks
Joe Inglis
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:09 pm Well, it might be an opportunity to get them to acknowledge the scenario & instigate a golden charter of responsibility & change to self prescribed deadlines that avoids this mess & damnable frustration.

Instigate change.
Let's see the reaction.

'Hi Alex,

How does this sound. The meter failed on the 9th Feb 21, you have booked the meter replacement for the 31st Jan. That's 8 days off of a full year. A nominal £1 per day would be £357. I've had to have this in my mind for all this time, £1 per day seems cheap. If the meter is fitted earlier the compensation drops inline.

That's an honest deal and performance linked exchange.
Thanks
Joe Inglis
... given that I have not been able to take advantage of Agile pricing - or to help you by making my stored green energy available when you need it - for virtually a whole year!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

That's pretty much why I suggested 400, based on 1 year plus of frustration.
Own the solution that is put in place & get them to agree to that as payment per day for anything that go's beyond 21 days to customers (including starting at day 22 including the £1 per day for the previous days.. having that hanging over peoples shoulders should accelerate customer service & work-arounds.

Their standard proceedure is broken & they need to boot their own backsides into life to recover it & improve the service.
"What can you do for me" (ball in your court phrase, remember)!?

Right now you are an extreme floater they need to flush, use it to every customers advantage & ask what protections after this debacle is resolved are to be put in place.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

'Extreme Floater', that's a first! PMSL. :) :D :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage