Just Joined the Intelligent Octopus Tariff

Joeboy

Re: Just Joined the Intelligent Octopus Tariff

Post by Joeboy »

This is day 3 of Go Faster and I have to say its effortless. 25% soc remaining in stack tonight at charge commencement. I have two of 800W storage heaters along with a 1600W unit smack bang in the centre of the house. These three units combined with the thermal storage jacket on the WS brought a temperature to both zones of 18.4 degs at 08.30 hrs today. 😳

After all the static of getting this in place, this is bliss. It just works. :)
Nowty, can you name the 6 hours you want to use on intelligent tariff when you join? 21.30 to 03.30 would be excellent and take some of the load off the fuse. At the moment we can pull 72kWh in the window with Go Faster.
Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:41 pm Nowty, can you name the 6 hours you want to use on intelligent tariff when you join? 21.30 to 03.30 would be excellent and take some of the load off the fuse. At the moment we can pull 72kWh in the window with Go Faster.
No, the 6 hour slot is fixed at 23:30 to 05:30 but as my battery bank is so big and I have a 6kW battery inverter output, it does not matter that much to me when the slot is. For me in the Winter, the longer the better to get by without peak rate import, minimal gas use and keeping the EVs topped up.

The 20:30 to 01:30 slot on Go Faster was great for Winter use in the evening, I've lost that but its small beer. We've been away for a week and just returned with Zen's battery at 15%. That got me cheap leccy this evening from 21:00 all the way through till 05:30.

I also remotely turned on the heatpump for both heating and hot water the previous night so when we returned, house is warm and hot water a plenty for a couple of decent showers. I did think I was going to have to turn the gas boiler on for a fast heat up and for instant showers on our return, but no its still OFF and has been since end of April 2021.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:41 pm This is day 3 of Go Faster and I have to say its effortless. 25% soc remaining in stack tonight at charge commencement. I have two of 800W storage heaters along with a 1600W unit smack bang in the centre of the house. These three units combined with the thermal storage jacket on the WS brought a temperature to both zones of 18.4 degs at 08.30 hrs today. 😳

After all the static this is bliss. It just works. :)
Nowty, can you name the 6 hours you want to use on intelligent tariff when you join? 21.30 to 03.30 would be excellent and take some of the load off the fuse. At the moment we can pull 72kWh in the window with Go Faster.
On the rare occasions I have some battery power left ahead of the cheap period I switch on the electric heaters to use it up ahead of the cheap period to save a bit of gas.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:20 am
Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:41 pm This is day 3 of Go Faster and I have to say its effortless. 25% soc remaining in stack tonight at charge commencement. I have two of 800W storage heaters at opposite ends of house along with a 1600W unit smack bang in the centre of the house. These three units combined with the thermal storage jacket on the WS brought a temperature to both zones of 18.4 degs at 08.30 hrs today. 😳

After all the static this is bliss. It just works. :)
On the rare occasions I have some battery power left ahead of the cheap period I switch on the electric heaters to use it up ahead of the cheap period to save a bit of gas.
We are going through a warm spot so it's all good with the storage heaters as is. That might change once the temps drop again. I'll get some heaters out then to avoid gas. Xmas lights are coming down so that will make a difference too. They might be led's but there are 100's!
Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:49 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:41 pm Nowty, can you name the 6 hours you want to use on intelligent tariff when you join? 21.30 to 03.30 would be excellent and take some of the load off the fuse. At the moment we can pull 72kWh in the window with Go Faster.
No, the 6 hour slot is fixed at 23:30 to 05:30 but as my battery bank is so big and I have a 6kW battery inverter output, it does not matter that much to me when the slot is. For me in the Winter, the longer the better to get by without peak rate import, minimal gas use and keeping the EVs topped up.

The 20:30 to 01:30 slot on Go Faster was great for Winter use in the evening, I've lost that but its small beer. We've been away for a week and just returned with Zen's battery at 15%. That got me cheap leccy this evening from 21:00 all the way through till 05:30.

I also remotely turned on the heatpump for both heating and hot water the previous night so when we returned, house is warm and hot water a plenty for a couple of decent showers. I did think I was going to have to turn the gas boiler on for a fast heat up and for instant showers on our return, but no its still OFF and has been since end of April 2021.
Cheers Nowty, our washing machine is a cheap unit so has no delay start function(my mistake). Once I replace it I will switch to intelligent. It never fails to make me happy when I think of your underground river coils. :) I hope you make it the full year with no gas.

I won't get to that point this year as we have upcoming temp plunges that the storage heaters won't cope with on their own even with the WS running. In saying that, it is all about trimming back what you can when ye can. Aiming to drop to sub 5MWh gas for the year. Should manage that as the HWT is officially off as far as gas is concerned and the GCH is a rare beast now (I hope). I may be fooling myself yet the last couple of days have been nice and a couple a few kWh's incoming from the PV in that narrow window we have. Nice to not see 0kWh's anymore! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Our (cheap) Beko washing machine has a crappy timer that allows the start to be delayed by howevermany hours. My 4hr cheap period starts at 2030 so we have to remember to set up a wash sometime between half-past and quarter-to and set the delay by the requisite number of hours.

Our (expensive) NEFF dishwasher has a digital delay timer that you can set to whatever delay you like. So I can merrily load the dishwasher and set it to start in 17mins or 3hrs12mins or whatever, as desired.

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well, that's a new PB 16.121kW load. Who knows how long you have to overload the incoming fuse before it goes pop? I'm assuming a 15% over for an hour or so would be fine? :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Have you a spare fuse ?? can be purchased online ......... also crimps to replace the electricity board seals ........ ;) ;)
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

You can buy replacement fuses on Amazon. Replacement seals on eBay.

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I will have a look into that. The daily draw is settling out at a touch under 50kWh as equilibrium is reached in the HWT. Includes EV and storage heating too.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs