Sneaked under the radar.....

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
ecogeorge

Sneaked under the radar.....

Post by ecogeorge »

I guess no one aware of this ?? .........its the gov answer to loss of excise duty on petrol and diesel ........wait for the tax/vat application to EV electric.........
George
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (89.41 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Paul_F

Re: Sneaked under the radar.....

Post by Paul_F »

Ummm... someone needs to adjust their tin-foil hat. If they were going to do this, they wouldn't have made it so easy to defeat by introducing Item 7 in the regulations:
A relevant charge point must be configured so that, in the event that it ceases to be connected to a communications network, it remains capable of charging an electric vehicle.

Any taxation system which can be defeated by turning off your WiFi isn't going to be very robust...

This is basically making smart-charging functionality mandatory, to ensure that people don't start charging at 5pm in winter but it waits until everyone is in bed. Note also that there is the requirement for a random time delay between the scheduled starting time and it actually starting charging - again, all about not overwhelming the grid.
nowty

Post by nowty »

I thought this to be a wind up but apparently not. :shock:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sponse.pdf

I feel a house with hidden batteries, underfloor chargers, commando sockets and secret cables coming on. :twisted:

Its totally unenforceable.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

yes ....... and when asked ........ i never charge it at home sir .....
George
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Paul_F wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm This is basically making smart-charging functionality mandatory, to ensure that people don't start charging at 5pm in winter but it waits until everyone is in bed. Note also that there is the requirement for a random time delay between the scheduled starting time and it actually starting charging - again, all about not overwhelming the grid.
So this is a bit like what the Octopus Intelligent tariff does. I reckon Octopus are being compensated for the Beta tariff and suggests why its still 5p a unit on cheap rate, even for newbies.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Certainly if millions of BEVs are charged overnight there’ll be no cheap period anymore.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

ecogeorge wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:47 pm yes ....... and when asked ........ i never charge it at home sir .....
George
And I could always make part of my system offgrid again.

Sorry Officer, the charger on the side of my house is part of my OffGrid system, nothing to do with the UK grid at all.

But you seem to have a very large load in the winter period, No, that's just my storage heaters and heatpump, nothing to see here. :twisted:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Think its more about nervous gov losing fossil fuel income ....... bet anyone there will be a future tax/levy/vat on EV charging.......
George
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
nowty

Post by nowty »

ecogeorge wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:53 pm Think its more about nervous gov losing fossil fuel income ....... bet anyone there will be a future tax/levy/vat on EV charging.......
George
I don't see how it to be workable to charge a tax, how are the authorities going to stop a granny cable running through an open window to an internal socket ? I installed a weatherproof external socket at my parents house to facilitate my EV charging when I visit, how can that be measured or taxed.

Maybe there will be a fixed levy if you have a 7kW charger fitted like the levy you are supposed to pay if you use a lawn sprinkler if not water metered.

Its probably more to do with, look what happened to domestic Solar in the max FIT heyday's, private enterprise runs much faster than government agencies.

I keep thinking, I'm pulling in 65A to 70A constantly in my cheap slot in winter but there are around 25 houses in the street and I'm the only one with a heatpump or EV. OK now, but if over 2 to 5 years, 10 of us have EVs, with another one added every few months and the odd heatpump here and there. DNO's aren't going to be able to dig the roads up fast enough to upgrade the cables or transformers.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yeah. C. 100 houses on my street. Wig uses they are pulling 200W each overnight? Makes 20,000W total. When 10 houses have BEVs charging overnight that 20kW turns into 94kW, and it only goes up from there.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)