Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
nowty

Re: Small things matter

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 pm Food prep done, tumble dryer mode engaged!
Excellent, SWMBO has about 5 of those, almost constantly populated in the ironing room. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 pm Food prep done, tumble dryer mode engaged!
Excellent, SWMBO has about 5 of those, almost constantly populated in the ironing room. :mrgreen:
Cheers Nowty, this is a new narrative for us. Combined use of the ecofan blowing across the WS and a dehumidifier running in another part of house at around 250W for the go faster window works well in keeping the house in good fettle plus removing use of TD. Again, seems obvious yet worth bouncing the idea out there & maybe someone will have their own 'aha' moment. :)
Edit- In addition, the bath towels are my sons. Still comes back to his Mum's and drops off. Better here on the residual from our WS than his own TD. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Both my Einhell battery operated and Hyundai petrol chainsaws failed within hours of each other. I had I must admit taken the Einhell to places it likely wasn't designed for . Didn't abuse it, just put an awful lot of hours onto it. Just opened the front door to a brand new chainsaw from einhell. That's standing behind your warranty eh?

Hyundai have replaced the clutch and recoil under warranty.both are excellent saws and I've missed being in about logs.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A solo unit, battery from the shelf for test. Good to work tomorrow! :)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
billi

Post by billi »

sofar so good , i cannot complain about the Einhell make

I had much much more expensive Makita and Milwaukee products failures, that hurt
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Good to hear billi. Also have the drill, angle grinder, circular saw and extending hedge cutter/chainsaw for elevated branch cutting. All share that battery, got about 6 of them.

The only negative is the fine control on the drill throttle. Not quite as good as dewalt. Although for the money, easily good enough.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

These days you’re not really buying a “tool” you’re buying into a “system”. I have Makita batteries and chargers so while there are some good Milwaukee and other tools out there I don’t fancy running 2 systems or swapping now. Makita combi drill and Impact are fantastic, hedge cutter will come this year, I’ve been talking about swapping the 2-stroke strimmer for a battery one for a while. The petrol does a really good job, but internal combustion is no longer my thing, and 2-stroke is the worst.
Last edited by Stinsy on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I shall have to correct my wife and insists she refer to me as a system in future - cheers for the insight there Stinsey :P

Moxi :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A nippy minus 3 here this morning. Rather glad to have the GCH capability alongside the storage heater & WS. GCH On for literally 20 mins and whole house is 18 deg+ & SWMBO is happy. That's a fast response and much enjoyed extra layer we can appreciate today! The woodstove rooms are at 19.5 degs shoving heat out into the rest of the house.

Both dehumids are running too this morning just to keep it all in line. This 3 layer approach (WS, SH & GCH) is pretty nice when you need to reach for it. Not a single window shall be opened here today, brrrhh :D

Ran up the replacement battery chainsaw yesterday, an excellent wee tool, just splitting 5" logs at the moment but very quick and silent. Wood splitting and stacking for Winter 22 now. 8-)

BTB, you were correct, quite surprising how much we are getting through. :shock:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

A colleague tells me it was minus 4C on the s0uth coast around 7am, happily here in "Tropical" North Wales it was 5 degrees and the mercury is already rising towards 7 degrees outside.

19.8C in the cottage at the back (coldest) wall, high alto stratus cloud so dull ambient light but the WBS is lit drying the washing on the pulley maid and the windows upstairs are all open by about 25mm to give us some extra ventilation.

If the weather stays dry for the week I may take the kids down to the beach one afternoon to let them wander around while i collect any suitable drift wood to supplement the WBS and clear up any plastic and trash thats on the strandline. Its not much but I like to think that it helps, while we are there I can also bag up some rotting sea weed that collects against one of the rock groins and spread it on the veg beds as a top dressing to wash in some nutrients, but for now its work at the laptop while the boss has a well deserved rest with her feet up reading a book, she will be 25 Weeks pregnant with our third boy and she struggles with PGP so with the other two at nursery its heavenly and peaceful for a few hours.

Moxi