European EV sales overtake diesel

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

European EV sales overtake diesel

Post by dan_b »

https://www.ft.com/content/f1bdf1cf-8fc ... f716ebf0a9

Sales of electric cars in Europe overtook diesel models for the first time in December, preliminary estimates have shown, as drivers continued to choose subsidised emissions-free vehicles over those reliant on a fuel that was tarnished by the 2015 Volkswagen emissions scandal.

More than a fifth of new cars sold across 18 European markets, including the UK, were powered exclusively by batteries, according to data compiled for the Financial Times by independent auto analyst Matthias Schmidt, while diesel cars, including diesel hybrids, accounted for less than 19 per cent of sales...
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Stinsy

Re: European EV sales overtake diesel

Post by Stinsy »

Imagine what that figure would be if there weren't such long waiting lists for BEVs!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Fantastic news.
(though I think many have forgotten dieselgate & their "outrage" subsided)
Personally was very happy when wife thought the car was as naff as the sales people & did remind her " VW = dieselgate @nkers + BEV deniers for as long as they could"

I don't wave at VW BEVS :lol:

& as the german govt is in with the german auto manufacturers (that fiscal slapdown was very weak) i'm more than a little pee'd off that Germany got the Tesla giga factory. (but understand there are a heck of a lot more left side located steering wheels than the right ;)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I've ordered a VW BEV. You'd better start waving in case I drive past!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)