Solar diverter that plays nice with battery storage?

nowty

Re: Solar diverter that plays nice with battery storage?

Post by nowty »

Just had a look through both the Solic 200 and Solaimmersion installation manuals.

Looks like the Solic 200 does have a "Mode 1" function where you can set a min export via a threshold setting selector. It operates in "Mode 2" which is zero export by default.

The Solarimmersion looks like is does not have such a feature.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I'm pretty sure that with any inverter you can place an additional ct wired in parallel with the original one and put it on the supply to DHW diverter so it prioritises the battery charging..
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
mybigwhy

Post by mybigwhy »

Val33 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:28 pm New member here.

I have 6.5kw of solar and a Lux AC inverter connected to a stack of eight Pylontech batteries. I'm considering adding a solar diverter to catch the excess over 3.5kw that the Lux can't use in the peak months.

Which of the cheaper units work nicely with battery storage? I really don't want to be heating the hot water from the batteries!

Thanks
Bit off-topic (& my first post!), so feel free to reply via PM if needbe: where did you get the Lux AC inverter from?

Cheers,

Dez.
3.68 kW pv & looking to add in battery storage
billi

Post by billi »

Solar diverter that plays nice with battery storage?
Well thats an old tradition , so nothing new , i just told the Aux relais to switch on the thermal heat element , or the second Aux relays to switch on the charger of my second battery on my vehicle

so what was the question ?