Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Joeboy »

ecogeorge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:42 pm Ah, but when vat and fuel duty income drops ......bet the Gov' slap a duty on EV electric controlled and measured by your (from June) EV smart charging meter........
George
George, it doesn't matter. That's just life. I'll pray for more PV generation or just fit more! :) Maybe they'll tax the sunshine, charge me for that too!

TBH I was sitting offshore predicting this particular fuel bubble 2 years ago. Could see it coming. Its like a worldwide Enron induced fake squeeze turbocharged by the lag induced by covid fear. I'm not undermining the severity of covid BTW but people see advantage in all scenarios and take that advantage. Tap on, tap off.

Anyway, I'm happy at the moment The rest I'll deal with when it presents.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

There were a lot of reported hanging out at sea fuel tankers, with fuel brimming in storage onshore, so what happened to that, where do refinery tanks & supply ships stand currently in terms of capacity versus demand?

Fuel supply has always been artificially squeezed, juicer & in some cases reamed, makes spivs sound like wholesome fellas.

So many markets to "play" with, Inc some very illusory ones like carbon capture*

*pratchetts pork future markets spring to mind.

In terms of sales of "anything" ..but especially ebay, there are always those who load the prices like that of an overworked donkey, does not make the market real though, ..crap sleight of hand is all.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:29 am There were a lot of reported hanging out at sea fuel tankers, with fuel brimming in storage onshore, so what happened to that, where do refinery tanks & supply ships stand currently in terms of capacity versus demand?

Fuel supply has always been artificially squeezed, juicer & in some cases reamed, makes spivs sound like wholesome fellas.

So many markets to "play" with, Inc some very illusory ones like carbon capture*

*pratchetts pork future markets spring to mind.

In terms of sales of "anything" ..but especially ebay, there are always those who load the prices like that of an overworked donkey, does not make the market real though, ..crap sleight of hand is all.
Uk carries almost no bulk storage anymore. Wide open to the market fluctuations. Combine this with a general slowing down(killing) of exploration here for years, last 2 in particular, a fast ramp up in demand that shows no sign of slowing and Opec liking the price rises so keeping the taps throttled at production level and this happens. The heat is added by China spooling up again and oil traders spotting the 'chance' after two years on their arse. The timing around a European Winter couldn't have been worse. Just one more indicator to get off the ff teat as much as you can.

Interesting one liner in the papers the other day from Labour 'Only right and proper' that the oil companies take a windfall tax on their profits. Right and proper my arse. The world didn't try and subsidise the oil companies when Brent was trading at $23 and 10's of thousands lost their livelihoods. Greens have been clamoring for years to stop exploration, we don't need it apparently. Well, this is the outcome that has been bought and paid for.

No whining now, get on with it UK. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

There was a brief article on the news last week hinting that the government was becoming concerned about the loss of road tax revenue from all the new EV sales, so you can bet if they are worried about road tax then the fuel duty will really be starting to hurt!

The future will be a lot like the past, those that can will harvest energy and put in the battery just as some brew their own diesel now for the tank. The majority will moan and groan and settle to the new regimen, occasionally there will be some social unrest to kick back against particularly unjust taxes or government rulings.

The reality seems to be (in my view anyway) that the less you rely on big brothers distribution grid and power the less you will be affected by the oligarchy's grasping and scheming plans to stay on top and to take your hard earned money.

Anyone for the good life :D

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:32 am The reality seems to be (in my view anyway) that the less you rely on big brothers distribution grid and power the less you will be affected by the oligarchy's grasping and scheming plans to stay on top and to take your hard earned money.

Anyone for the good life :D

Moxi
That's most of us on here Moxi.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Hi Joe.
I wasn't clear, I was on about ALL the at sea tankers, worldwide, the "no room at the inn" scenario that affected many adrift sea going containers as covid shut operations, the fuel terminals were typically reported as at maximum capacity, with "floaters" unable to decant.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

There are only two things certain in life: death and taxes!

However you are under no obligation to arrange your affairs in a manner that requires you to pay more tax. George Osborne got annoyed with

George Osborne got annoyed with people being in the low tax brackets for car tax so he changed it so all cars pay £140 a year and those with an RRP over £40k pay £450 a year (for the . It went back to its original form as a "tax to use the road" with the CO2 component only applying to the first year.

Later there was a climb-down and BEVs were exempted. However VED revenue has been falling as a percentage of GDP:

As more people buy BEVs the tax revenue from VED will decline further, and no-doubt changes will be made. Maybe only the most efficient BEVs will be exempt? However VED has historically carried through the vehicle's life so it is likely that BEVs bought now will continue to be zero-rated for their entire lives. However VED raises less than £7bn annually so is small potatoes in the scheme of things.

Now fuel duty is a stickier subject. It raises c. £30bn annually and is likely to fall sharply as the transition to BEVs continues. The challenge the government has is that lots of BEVs are charged at home. This is like filling your car with heating oil to avoid tax, but it isn't possible to dye the electrons in your BEV battery. Ideas for road tolls or pay-per-mile are all very expensive to implement and involve privacy concerns.

Maybe we'll have to find other ways to fund schools/hospitals and the rest, other than taxing car ownership and use?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Why chase the little man so hard when they ignore the big ones?
Chances are you pay your council tax through a council bought serco system, for which we pay either a nibble to an offshore company or the council (you indirectly) pay a nibble for some offshore ****s to fleece the UK of money to "pay for hospitals, fix roads" ..etc.

Wrong, so wrong.
Untouchable criminals in charge of locking up criminals & the innocent, ..what a bloody surprise!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... fice-trial

https://www.google.co.uk/search?as_q=se ... type=&tbs=

How can you do this when you allow offshore company holdings to operate with impunity, throughout so many aspects of the uk govt operations & by association the "common-wealth" !?

day to day operations, easier to pay these a-holes to threaten others to pay, because not paying affects their profits.

PS SERCO's Norfolk & Norwich operations are a thorn in the side of any NHS trust that has the misfortune to deal with them, hours wasted nigh on daily!
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

In Darlington, Ionity card worked 🙂

Charge rates a bit poor to say the least 50-64kW same Perth & Gretna 350 chargers? Happy enough though as went across the Yorkshire hilly bit from Gretna. Really beautiful and so joyful to do it in an EV. I'm getting a bit tasty with the right foot and did the full beans test for swmbo on the run down. Stopped at 90 as that was plenty and I did it on a deserted straight.

Best car I have ever driven. 😍

F the politicians, f the oil companies, f all the vested interests, choose your own path and damn them all!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Ive heard of people swapping to another Ionity charger if the first is too slow…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)