Just Joined the Intelligent Octopus Tariff

rogeriko

Re: Just Joined the Intelligent Octopus Tariff

Post by rogeriko »

I'm already shopping for batteries. I have everything else.
rogeriko

Post by rogeriko »

This is my new quote.
Attachments
new octopus.jpg
new octopus.jpg (84.01 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Feckin hell, better get those batteries fast!
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Oh dear, just received my latest bill for two months worth and all the extra cheap slots allocated by the App have been charged to me at peak rate. :?

I was expecting about 10 kWh at peak rate but have been charged for over 220 kWh at peak rate so that's about £40 extra over 2 months. There have been times when I have changed settings to manipulate the poor octopus but other times the octopus really wanted to charge it early.

The work around would be to just use it like the Go tariff and plug in at the start of cheap rate and "bump" charge it, but then that defeats the point of the dynamic charging regime and therefore the point of the tariff.

The £40 extra is no bid deal considering what I am generally saving with the tariff but I will query it with them.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

They need to know about their error and they need to fix it otherwise the whole thing is pointless.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I think they do say that these are Beta products and may need some de-bugging, so I would hope that you would get a quick and helpful response.
Have you automatically got a record of your hourly consumption? i.e. is the meter output done in a way that it can be logged by the householder?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:01 am I think they do say that these are Beta products and may need some de-bugging, so I would hope that you would get a quick and helpful response.
Have you automatically got a record of your hourly consumption? i.e. is the meter output done in a way that it can be logged by the householder?
A
The bill you get is extremely itemised, example, from 18th Dec 2021,

But unless you screen shot the App, you have no record of the extra cheap slots, luckily I did screenshot the App.

Example of my previous bill when the extra cheap slots are shown on the actual bill, so I know how its supposed to work, but for this billing cycle, all the extra cheap slots have been ignored. That was one of my concerns all along as there is nothing you can see on your account that shows whether you got the extra slots until the bill arrived, and this time it was a month late so double the losses.

Last edited by nowty on Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

You can also download the data as CSV from the website...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Thanks, this is all good to know, especially about needing to keep evidence of the cheap slots offered.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

I had a reply from Octopus about my issue of being charged peak rate when the App wanted to charge during the peak time, although I have gamed it a bit so cannot complain too much.

The initial response is they understand my issue and having read the terms and conditions they think I have been overcharged but have referred it to the smart tariff team to get the ok for a refund.

But tonight I have a dilemma as I arrived back with only 14% SOC and the App wants to charge my car from 9:30pm this evening. I would normally say yes, fine but as I assume I'm going to get stitched for peak rate again, I am having to wait till 11:30pm before I turn the charger on and reduce the target SOC so it get there before 5:30am.

So I have lost some faith in the intelligent tariff but its ok if I just try and use it like a go faster tariff, but then that loses the point of the tariff allegedly using the cheapest low carbon power slots. :cry:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3