Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:19 pm Ive heard of people swapping to another Ionity charger if the first is too slow…
Tried that, same same.

Guess it was temp effect? 6 degs instead of 12? Huge hit but whatchagonnado? :)

I will report back as we go. Get a handle on if its temp...
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well thats the first thousand miles in. Back at Perth Ionity, 123kW incoming peak at 8 deg outdoors temp

Absolutely love this car. Had 2 people up asking about it today. A run over the Pennines this morning was excellent!
:) Complete mile crucher.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Andy

Post by Andy »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:54 pm Well thats the first thousand miles in. Back at Perth Ionity, 123kW incoming peak at 8 deg outdoors temp

Absolutely love this car. Had 2 people up asking about it today. A run over the Pennines this morning was excellent!
:) Complete mile crucher.
How many miles until it's broken in? :D :rofl: There is a phrase that is due for the dustbin of history.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

It already has: my last 2 cars (both new, in 20 years) came already run-in. I understood that the engines were put on a test-bed before being put in a car.
Interestingly, the only things that went wrong on the last one over 16 years were the computer (EMS) and a water pump.
That is my biggest misgiving now and for the future: how many laptops are stitched up by the monthly "upgrades" and take several days of further tweaks to get them working properly again? I think we have already heard grumbles here about BEV software "Upgrades!"
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:14 pm It already has: my last 2 cars (both new, in 20 years) came already run-in. I understood that the engines were put on a test-bed before being put in a car.
Interestingly, the only things that went wrong on the last one over 16 years were the computer (EMS) and a water pump.
That is my biggest misgiving now and for the future: how many laptops are stitched up by the monthly "upgrades" and take several days of further tweaks to get them working properly again? I think we have already heard grumbles here about BEV software "Upgrades!"
A
My 2015 MacBook Pro has recently updated to the latest software. It is still just as responsive as when it was new. I previously owned Windows computers that were slow after a year and unusable after two. Just because updates can slow-down a computer doesn’t mean they have to!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The combination of a 200+ mile range and a fast accurate Nav which presents all available charge points around you has completely changed the game for us. The miles on GOM are accurate and reliable. As this is February and i've done that first 1,100 miles since Tuesday I can only imagine how its going to be when the battery is fully heated. Had a road rage tit in a BMW 4x4 this evening coming North of Dundee, very aggressive and fist shaking as he didn't like not having the entire outer lane to himself. I was PMSL and hoping it would escalate. Sadly my giving him the finger and holding it there seemed to dampen his silly rage and off he scooted to a future heart attack or accident. Interesting times! :)

That was the single fly in ointment over the last 5 days, I ordered a 10mtr cable for home charging in nose in position and can keep the shorter one that came with the car in the car for out and about. We loved our little Nissan Leaf but this is a whole different experience!

Met a nice old fella and his wife at Ionity Gretna, he was in an electric porsche panamrera and had got to the charger station with 2 miles remaining! Then he had to Q for 10 minutes as all bays full. There must have been about 300k worth of EV at that one station and a row of 8 M3's over at their bit. Also spotted a polestar, a mercedes and a Mustang all at Ionity Gretna. Luckily with the fast charging capability of all these units we had a minimal wait then off up to Perth. Could do with even more bays of course but its getting better all the time.
Last edited by Joeboy on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Taycan surely?

The Gretna chargers are known to get busy…

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 pm Taycan surely?

The Gretna chargers are known to get busy…
Likely enough then. Nice looking car. Had a laugh with the guy at the 2 miles left. He'd been bricking it!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Btw you should look at getting an OBD dongle. You can use it to study battery temperature.

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:18 pm Btw you should look at getting an OBD dongle. You can use it to study battery temperature.
Taycan, right enough!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs