Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Apparently we went to Ayr (near there) on holiday when I was 3 years old, my mum told me the weather was awful, pissing with rain and blowing a gale all week.

Sounds like a good place ! :lol:

My thoughts, wow its big, so less risk if a single turbine fails.

Arrangement fee has been hiked and they are using the P50 and not the P75 value.

Slightly more expensive per watt than WT1, but more generation per watt.

The CoOp intends to be the majority shareholder.

Its subject to curtailment which WT1 is not.

Different contractor, hence I guessed the wrong location, I would have preferred Tacher as it would have been a better compliment to WT1.

The £1000 trading allowance, I am assuming its the same class as an interest payment for a basic taxpayer, same as WT1.

Am I in, well I have to power my new storage heater somehow. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

The dirty deal (I mean clean) is done, just going to have to work on my excuses, I mean honest reasoning why my usage is a little higher than expected. ;)

Hmmmm, I've just noticed the operational date of WT1 has slipped a a couple of weeks. :roll:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John_S

Post by John_S »

TCA wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:07 am
2) Taxation - I'm sure with WT1 Ripple alluded to the non-capital return as being treated as interest and potentially covered by the personal savings allowance. With WT2 they're now talking about using the annual trading allowance which is a different beast entirely. My reading of that is that anyone who is already self employed would therefore have to class the non-capital return of investment as income and pay tax and NI on it. I'd be in that boat, so that's slightly disappointing, albeit the numbers would likely be small.
My understanding is that everyone has an annual trading allowance of £1,000. One of its purpose is to keep hobbyists out of the tax system. Eg beekeepers selling honey.

Also, does anyone know who or what HyGen is? Pdf page 32, document page 31. No other mention of HyGen in the document.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:49 am Non transferable share option, so what happens if I die - does my wife not get the shares ? - am I being dim here ??

Moxi
You die, your wife or named beneficiary has the choice of a transfer of shares to her name and account or paid out in cash for the valuation of the investment at that time.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:29 am The dirty deal (I mean clean) is done, just going to have to work on my excuses, I mean honest reasoning why my usage is a little higher than expected. ;)

Hmmmm, I've just noticed the operational date of WT1 has slipped a a couple of weeks. :roll:

I like that, different approaches. Nowty rounds up the wattage owned, I round up the financial figure instead! :lol:

I have taken accessible oil div's from Dec 21 to Future June 22 and I think futureproofed us for all time against FF purchase. Near as damn it anyway. Had to take a guess so have a total 5,531 Watts owned at the mast generating just over 16.2MWh pa. That should do the trick and being inheritable won't just do the trick for SWMBO & I. My son is investing today too as are a couple of my old offshore mates now retired.

Being 53 and with a bit of luck having 30 yrs left I thought it prudent to buy in heavy now so I can gain traction for the shorter span compared to the younger guys. Hopefully they'll see investment in offshore wind turbines too. Regardless of the timescales I continue to think that this is an excellent way to take the power companies by the scrotum and make our own decisions in how it will be going forward for our families. That in itself is enough for me and If it gets close to Sept 22 and there's anything left I might just buy a touch more.

Well done all of you who are in this! What's the figure now Nowty? 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Alright Nowty, that's my son Martin in too, Bought £1,800 worth and 102% of his requirements. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

May be a coincidence, but we have just had a scam call from 0141 729 8565 claiming to be from the "Residential Green energy agency" or something like that. Wife put the phone down on him.
The number is "in" Glasgow but the chap said the firm was based in W London... and looking the number up it was used all last summer trying to con people into giving their details on the pretext of some National Insurance problem.

I hope the launch of WT2 (WF2) isn't going to be exploited by con merchants.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I'm still ploughing (pluffin) through the material.

I'd like to see an iconic Windy miller doing a turn (along with the sound) for a "Pub cash" investment related to your account so people can dribble a top up in or simply those wishing to accrue slow as & when investment in a ripple turbine can deposit, maybe repeats of the £25 quid so you can see it growing, be it reserved or going into an active ripple WT scheme...

[media]https://gfycat.com/impressivecalculatingenglishpointer[/media]
Last edited by Mr Gus on Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
TCA

Post by TCA »

John_S wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:31 am
TCA wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:07 am
2) Taxation - I'm sure with WT1 Ripple alluded to the non-capital return as being treated as interest and potentially covered by the personal savings allowance. With WT2 they're now talking about using the annual trading allowance which is a different beast entirely. My reading of that is that anyone who is already self employed would therefore have to class the non-capital return of investment as income and pay tax and NI on it. I'd be in that boat, so that's slightly disappointing, albeit the numbers would likely be small.
My understanding is that everyone has an annual trading allowance of £1,000. One of its purpose is to keep hobbyists out of the tax system. Eg beekeepers selling honey.
Yes, the trading allowance is £1,000 and for exactly that purpose. It's a way of not having to register as self employed for those who make small incomes. If you're already self employed however you cannot use the £1,000 allowance and also deduct your actual expenses from your income. It's one or the other. For someone self employed the wind farm non-capital element would count as a second business and choosing to deduct either the allowance or actual expenses, applies across both businesses. So the trading allowance might be worthless to some self employed who would end up paying tax and national insurance on the non-capital "savings" when previously they might've not, had the personal savings allowance been applicable as indicated in WT1.