OFGEM Price Cap

nowty

Re: OFGEM Price Cap

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:40 pm From another source I also discovered that the Go Faster rate for our area shown on the website is considerably less, 7.5p/kWh overnight and 30.8p daytime so I followed up with a second email to this effect. Not surprisingly I've yet to receive a response.
7.5p is for the standard Go tariff, if your on the 5hr Go Faster I think its circa 8.5p now.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Aaah, Thanks Nowty, I think, ;) Go Faster circa 8.5p. Still significantly less than that originally indicated. I'll be relieved to get it sorted as my spreadsheet has been chnged more time than I care to think today. :lol:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ouch...............

Absolutely shocking for people in this position where you would think a communal heating system would benefit from an economy of scale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60402009
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:59 pm Ouch...............

Absolutely shocking for people in this position where you would think a communal heating system would benefit from an economy of scale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60402009
I read that and was equally shocked, one at the price they’re paying but also the apparent lack of benefit of their district heating system.

How’s it charged/usage apportioned ? The only ones I’ve been party to was DS’s place when he lived in Berlin.

Heating was included in the rent. Total amount was ridiculously low.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:59 pm How’s it charged/usage apportioned ? The only ones I’ve been party to was DS’s place when he lived in Berlin.

Heating was included in the rent. Total amount was ridiculously low...
... back then! I wonder whether their social housing is still true to the name, and whether they are moving towards trying to charge depending on how much heat poeple use?
I can't believe how when we are trying to insulate, turn down the thermostat, close doors etc.(here in the UK) you still see some flats in tower blocks with windows wide open!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:33 pm
nowty wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:59 pm How’s it charged/usage apportioned ? The only ones I’ve been party to was DS’s place when he lived in Berlin.

Heating was included in the rent. Total amount was ridiculously low...
... back then! I wonder whether their social housing is still true to the name, and whether they are moving towards trying to charge depending on how much heat poeple use?
I can't believe how when we are trying to insulate, turn down the thermostat, close doors etc.(here in the UK) you still see some flats in tower blocks with windows wide open!
A
I moved a sofa in a tower block in Aberdeen years ago. The whole block was up at about 25 degs. :oops: it was a social housing type block and I was amazed at the energy being blithely wasted...
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Excess heat has always been a problem with community heating. When I lived in student halls the only way to modulate the temperature in our rooms was to open the window. There were 600 of us in my block and I guarantee every window was open when there was lying snow…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Mmm, didn’t notice that at DS’s place. In fairness, when I noticed the ‘community heating’ it was about -11 outside.

Are we saying that it’s the residents fault for over-heating rather than a failure of design or control ?

Community heating systems, and I think it’s key to consider the relationship of social and community, have to be an important part of decarbonisation where appropriate.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Generally not residents fault. Often they have no control (other than to open windows). Typically the only way to get heat to the person at the end of the loop is to provide way too much heat to everyone else.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:55 pm Generally not residents fault. Often they have no control (other than to open windows). Typically the only way to get heat to the person at the end of the loop is to provide way too much heat to everyone else.
Agreed.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees