Corner turned

CrofterMannie

Re: Corner turned

Post by CrofterMannie »

18.9 kWh today which is not far away from the same as a good summer's day - if I remember right (only got a proper monitoring system recently) a wall to wall sunshine day in june is about 24 kWh.
There are still patches of snow in the shaded areas so it feels really good for February.
8kw solar
ETA log boiler
5ha woodland
MG5EV
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I pulled down 32.3kWh today and most of that time I was inverter capped, battery was fully charged by 10:30.

14.7kWh used, 8.8kwh into battery and 11.3kwh into grid that I will get nothing for at the moment until the SEG is registered.

I am trying to get octolux integration to work with my home automation but it's not triggering correctly, otherwise I would have dumped that excess into heating rather than grid after the battery was full.

Solcast was spot on.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

A cracking day for the start of March, only glitches were a bit of cloud and later a couple of trips from my 1st PV system (not sure of the cause).

Ignore the other figures apart from the solar as they are not correct.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:08 pm A cracking day for the start of March, only glitches were a bit of cloud and later a couple of trips from my 1st PV system (not sure of the cause).

Ignore the other figures apart from the solar as they are not correct.
Nice! 😀
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

A very decent 13.3kWh here yesterday made up of 1.8kWh from the mobile array and 11.5kWh from the main array, less favourable weather today but I am finding even dull days are giving up some electrons now and it all helps to slow the import of those increasingly expensive grid electrons :)

Still waiting for the electrician to come back to use for his quite to get the batteries plumbed in. Hope hes in touch soon !

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:48 am A very decent 13.3kWh here yesterday made up of 1.8kWh from the mobile array and 11.5kWh from the main array, less favourable weather today but I am finding even dull days are giving up some electrons now and it all helps to slow the import of those increasingly expensive grid electrons :)

Still waiting for the electrician to come back to use for his quite to get the batteries plumbed in. Hope hes in touch soon !

Moxi
Was yesterday a PB Moxi? We are seeing large amounts (for us) of useable power coming in, throwing a lot of it at the EV. We had 9.24kWh & 6.49kWh from the second array, 15.73kW combined so a PB for the year. Even with the time of year and shading issues this is an excellent position to be in. Minus 3 here this morning and GCH resolutely remains off. :)

The mob we used for our first array were good at quoting via remote quote and stuck to their price. Is it worth seeking other quotes?

Helping my nephew become comfortable under water and been picking him up to go to pool a few times last couple of weeks. Taking him home yesterday he said 'can't believe this car is running on sunlight'. That was a nice moment.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Morning JB,

Yes PB for both arrays, although know the mobile will get better and better through the year so I have avoided the PB label there as it will hopefully be changing often :)

We have a couple of electricians and a couple solar companies quoting for a variety of work including the in roof solar for the annex, wiring in my batteries, providing batteries for the annex, changing the out of date distribution box for our house and then any necessary fault finding (current system doesn't have RCD's on the bars (is that the right term?)) a string pf external power sockets around the skirt of the house etc etc. The problem locally seems to be that theres more than enough work going around for people to simply not respond if they change their mind. The people we have spoken to at the moment seem good and interested but also busy so its a waiting game I'm afraid.

We start swimming lessons for the 4 year old again later this week - had to stop during COVID - looking forward to him getting his confidence back in the water so he can enjoy himself.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:47 am Morning JB,

Yes PB for both arrays, although know the mobile will get better and better through the year so I have avoided the PB label there as it will hopefully be changing often :)

We have a couple of electricians and a couple solar companies quoting for a variety of work including the in roof solar for the annex, wiring in my batteries, providing batteries for the annex, changing the out of date distribution box for our house and then any necessary fault finding (current system doesn't have RCD's on the bars (is that the right term?)) a string pf external power sockets around the skirt of the house etc etc. The problem locally seems to be that theres more than enough work going around for people to simply not respond if they change their mind. The people we have spoken to at the moment seem good and interested but also busy so its a waiting game I'm afraid.

We start swimming lessons for the 4 year old again later this week - had to stop during COVID - looking forward to him getting his confidence back in the water so he can enjoy himself.

Moxi
Should be PB's galore between now and end of May! My swim buddy is a 29 year old newly qualified Para. Seems like moments ago he was a 4yr old on the trampoline!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

JB, yes I am looking forward to plenty of PB's as the year progresses, the keenest "win" later this year will be the first twenty four hours where the grid meter doesn't see any import. At the moment we are knocking down the day usage nicely and quite often through February we have had excess production thats currently diverted to the oil filled radiator but which, in the near future, will be instead trickled in to the batteries.

Despite best attempts we seem to have around 2kWh of nascent nocturnal load from 9pm till 8am, I know that the fish tank, the children's monitors and night lights and the router are all part of that and the fridge and freezer everything else goes off at different times on the smart plugs. This is where the batteries will really help by eliminating this nascent load.

I wonder if you ever frequented the Dorothea Quarry ?

The kids do indeed grow up fast, my eldest boy is 25 and the youngest should put in appearance in around 9 weeks time! once hes finished making his mums life a misery from the inside!!

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

What a crash to earth, 3.3kWh only! In saying that, Go Faster, WS and those few kWh's have kept the batrwrues stocked and gas off so happy FF free days.

I don't know that quarry Moxi. First time in Wales was last year, loved it!

Also had the strange feeling today that our PV rigs have a deeper meaning in light of Russias invasion of Ukraine. In addition, my WS of freedom and no money for Putin the Prick. Cooking for freedom! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs