Battery Storage (no Solar Panels)

billi

Re: Battery Storage (no Solar Panels)

Post by billi »

Each flat uses approx 2,500 units of electric per year.
nstall x number of storage batteries, charge them using lower rate electric,
Most of UK s electricity supply at night comes from Non-Renewables (beside Windpower)

I strongly recommend to install PV , if possible in the region of about 10 kW

You can do the sums , but at one stage in life , the installation will be paid of , with the help of FiT and the sold Units to the 3 flat renters

Once is paid of , you than have the gain of say 10 years or more free units that you still earn FiT and rent , say think about a 25 year life span ( but include battery replacement and electronic gear failures)

Also i would also consider a big lead acid battery

Billi
Landlord

Post by Landlord »

OK - my roof is

West facing = 21M x 3M
East Facing = 21M x 3M

Pic Attached

The TOTAL electric use across all 4 flats is 10,000 kWh per Year.

What would people suggest please?

My budget is £30,000 but it needs to pay me back before I die (hopefully 20-40 years left yet :D )

Should I treat it as one big scheme with powerwall type battery storage OR 4 individual set-ups?

I would have to incorporate an inverter(s) big enough to run an 8kw shower and 2kw heater at same time IN EACH FLAT (I think Ive seen large 10kw inverters?)

I am located on the coast in the South West (nr Weston-super-Mare)

The roof (shown under the large arrow) is higher than mine so I'm "probably" in 100% shade by 4pm spring/autumn and 8pm summer

The white boxed area to the left of my roof is my locked storage area so LOTS of room for "stuff". It's also where the 4 incoming meters are located.

Please assume I know nothing (because I don't lol)

Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

billi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:36 am
I strongly recommend to install PV , if possible in the region of about 10 kW

You can do the sums , but at one stage in life , the installation will be paid of , with the help of FiT and the sold Units to the 3 flat renters

Billi
Unfortunately, we are no longer paid FITS for new instllations