Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Re: SSE pay as you go costs

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:55 am This came through the door, terrifying!

Why are you still with them? Have you compared Octopus or Coop (- if they are taking new customers.)
A
Last edited by AE-NMidlands on Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am
Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:55 am This came through the door, terrifying!

Why are you still with them? Have you compared Octopus or Coop - if they are taking new customers.)
A
I'm not, Its for a rental property that we are selling.
A view through a window..
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Add potentially another 50% on top of that for October.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Standing charge of £200/year, ouch that's going to hit low users the hardest.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
marshman

Post by marshman »

And that is what is so wrong with prepayment meters - those that can afford it the least and who are often forced to live in energy intensive housing are forced to pay the most, and in many cases can do absolutely nothing about it. To me it is morally wrong.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

marshman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:13 pm And that is what is so wrong with prepayment meters - those that can afford it the least and who are often forced to live in energy intensive housing are forced to pay the most, and in many cases can do absolutely nothing about it. To me it is morally wrong.
It is morally wrong. Then again the same can be said of tenants who are happy to skip leaving energy bills behind them 🙄 2 wrongs don't etc yet its about the only way to protect against the worst side of human nature. Shocking prices and I wish there was another way.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
marshman

Post by marshman »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:06 pm
marshman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:13 pm And that is what is so wrong with prepayment meters - those that can afford it the least and who are often forced to live in energy intensive housing are forced to pay the most, and in many cases can do absolutely nothing about it. To me it is morally wrong.
It is morally wrong. Then again the same can be said of tenants who are happy to skip leaving energy bills behind them 🙄 2 wrongs don't etc yet its about the only way to protect against the worst side of human nature. Shocking prices and I wish there was another way.
Agree re: tenants that "do the dirty" - one of the reasons I never got involved in buy to let. But to me that is really a separate issue, there are many other people in differing situations that a forced onto prepayment, often through no fault of their own which was my point. I do understand why landlords want/need their tenants to have prepayment, it is the tariffs that are wrong. If we have a mandated price cap then should be "fair", morally and economically across the board.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

marshman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:06 pm
Agree re: tenants that "do the dirty" - one of the reasons I never got involved in buy to let. But to me that is really a separate issue, there are many other people in differing situations that a forced onto prepayment, often through no fault of their own which was my point. I do understand why landlords want/need their tenants to have prepayment, it is the tariffs that are wrong. If we have a mandated price cap then should be "fair", morally and economically across the board.
Agreed, the moment prepay isn't a monopoly (here its SSE) it may change.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
CrofterMannie

Post by CrofterMannie »

The price cap coming into force on 1st April is £1971 for a standard meter and £2017 for those with a prepayment meter so it appears that there isn't actually much difference now.
8kw solar
ETA log boiler
5ha woodland
MG5EV