Solar PV, Battery, smart immersion advice.

Fintray

Re: Solar PV, Battery, smart immersion advice.

Post by Fintray »

Countrypaul wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:51 pm
jerry2604 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:41 pm
If the SEG is like the FIT then you don't have to sell to your electricity supplier. I sell (get paid) by Scottish Power but my supplier is OVO.
Be careful if you have a system on FITS and then try and add another system on SEG, you may lose the FITS income. The SEG works only on a smart meter and measures the export, but it cannot differentiate between what is on which system and therefore what is being exported, so it all has to be doe under SEG. I have been looking at this for a new system on our property, and one quote I had explained the SEG rules, but when I questioned how the IT and SEG work togethe a more senior person got involved and said we could not have both.
I had a second system installed and moved the "deemed export" part of my FIT's to Octopus but left the main FIT's payment with SSE, that way I now get paid by Octopus for the SEG part monthly with SSE paying the FIT's payments quarterly. So what you have been told by the senior person is incorrect.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Fintray wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 pm
jerry2604 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:41 pm
If the SEG is like the FIT then you don't have to sell to your electricity supplier. I sell (get paid) by Scottish Power but my supplier is OVO.
Be careful if you have a system on FITS and then try and add another system on SEG, you may lose the FITS income. The SEG works only on a smart meter and measures the export, but it cannot differentiate between what is on which system and therefore what is being exported, so it all has to be doe under SEG. I have been looking at this for a new system on our property, and one quote I had explained the SEG rules, but when I questioned how the IT and SEG work togethe a more senior person got involved and said we could not have both.
I had a second system installed and moved the "deemed export" part of my FIT's to Octopus but left the main FIT's payment with SSE, that way I now get paid by Octopus for the SEG part monthly with SSE paying the FIT's payments quarterly. So what you have been told by the senior person is incorrect.
So does that mean you do not get the deemed export payment for the FITS system, but get paid the SEG for the combined systems?
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Countrypaul wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:41 pm

So does that mean you do not get the deemed export payment for the FITS system, but get paid the SEG for the combined systems?
Yes, that is correct.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Ken

Post by Ken »

but does that not mean you are being paid twice for the same export. Counted as deemed and then measured as export. I am missing something here.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Fintray wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:56 pm
Countrypaul wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes, that is correct.
Ken wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:46 pm but does that not mean you are being paid twice for the same export. Counted as deemed and then measured as export. I am missing something here.
Yes, see highlighted section above.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Ken

Post by Ken »

silly me.