Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
Andy

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by Andy »

16800 saved through heatpump here :) although tricky to quantify as a lot in spring/autumn is from solar pv in daytime
nowty

Post by nowty »

Andy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:52 pm 16800 saved through heatpump here :) although tricky to quantify as a lot in spring/autumn is from solar pv in daytime
OK I will accept heatpump kwh's saved, and I will add it to my spreadsheet and also move the solar thermal to it as a separate line. Having thought about it some more, heatpump savings could be very very substantial. Its just hard work, trying to estimate it.

In an average year 12 Camelot members will generate 169,920 kWh of renewable electrical energy. :mrgreen:

In an average year 12 Camelot members will extract a net 17,315 kWh of renewable heat energy. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Life of Brian springs to mind here.

PFJ
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

In an average year 15 Camelot members will generate 186,250 kWh of renewable electricity and will extract a net 20,545 kWh of renewable heat energy. :mrgreen:

Finally there is one member with ripple WT without PV. :shock:

Solar PV has sneaked ahead of ripple WT again, but its close.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

yes yes Mr Gus but what did the Romans ever do for us?

:D

Nowty, probably easier to quote in MWh, and maybe one day we will be able to quote GWh

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:38 pm yes yes Mr Gus but what did the Romans ever do for us?

:D

Nowty, probably easier to quote in MWh, and maybe one day we will be able to quote GWh

Moxi
Yeah, probably once we were over 100,000 kWh I should have gone to MWh, thus..........

In an average year 15 Camelot members will generate 186 MWh of renewable electricity and will extract a net 21 MWh of renewable heat energy. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to work out an estimate of my own net annual heatpump extraction and its a nightmare. :evil:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Gareth J

Post by Gareth J »

Would be interesting to compare with total kWh used per household too. The UK average has dipped below 30,000kWh/PERSON/year. But even our (presumably) above average generation on here would still be a way off of covering the amount of energy used by an average UK person, let alone household.

Hopefully those on here also use less than the average UK person too but I know that with all the generation I'm tinkering with here, our family use far more kWh than we generate.

https://ourworldindata.org/energy/count ... ed-kingdom
Last edited by Gareth J on Wed May 04, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Post by Andy »

nowty wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 pm I'm trying to work out an estimate of my own net annual heatpump extraction and its a nightmare. :evil:
I’m going on a gut feeling from the graphs. I manually controlled the immersion and pump in the nibe. For each pump speed at 5% increments I got the stable dT. All my radiators are at a fixed setting. Then I monitor the pump speed and interpolate the figures to give me a power in the house supply. I also have the power used by the nibe. From that I can calculate the COP :). One day I’ll write something to crawl my stats for the year to work out the true scop. I’m reckoning somewhere near 3.8 for sCOP which isn’t too shabby with regular stretches at -6degC in an old converted granite smiddy. I also have an electric meter on the Nibe which o guess you might not have with the home build.
Last edited by Andy on Tue May 03, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Post by Andy »

The cop is tied largely to flow temp. Brine temp only varies 5 deg or so. What range of temperatures do you run at normally?
John_S

Post by John_S »

Gareth J wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:41 pm
Would be interesting to compare with total kWh used per household too. The UK average has dipped below 30,000kWh/PERSON/year.
That figure is for total energy usage including transport and heating. Thus of limited merit in comparing with our electricity generation.

I am sure that a lot of us have above average electricity usage. Not because we are wasteful or extragavant but because we are early adopters of EVs, heat pumps and battery storage. The latter two can displace the usage of gas for heating by increasing electricity consumption.