Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Bugtownboy »

Better get working on that V2L solution ;) Removal of the gas supply maybe a step closer.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:11 pm
Andy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 pm You aren’t getting it now?
Oh I'm still getting it. Just not from Arnold Clark Aberdeen. Sourced one from a Fleet dealer in England, picking up 1st half of March,🤞.
Phew, that would have been a rubbish end to the story :P.

Exciting times. It's funny how the dealers here charge so much more. We got a KIA and the same spec/milage was 2k more than a car in Newcastle. When I brought this up he shrugged and said it's up to you. So I took a train to Newcastle and pocketed the difference.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Andy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:00 am
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:11 pm
Andy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 pm You aren’t getting it now?
Oh I'm still getting it. Just not from Arnold Clark Aberdeen. Sourced one from a Fleet dealer in England, picking up 1st half of March,🤞.
Phew, that would have been a rubbish end to the story :P.

Exciting times. It's funny how the dealers here charge so much more. We got a KIA and the same spec/mileage was 2k more than a car in Newcastle. When I brought this up he shrugged and said it's up to you. So I took a train to Newcastle and pocketed the difference.
Imagine! Total dross, who's this guy think he is? PMSL! :)
I am now VERY excited as i was set up in my mind for the car to be delayed. A leap forward like this is magnificent. I think and i'm not checking until the dust fully settles that we have about a 4% discount over dealer price by going fleet route. Bear in mind that people are out there trying to leverage a profit out of the 'scarcity' of these vehicles. Its been a long convoluted rout to get here. Test drive a TeslaM3-Order a TeslaMY-cancel the MY-Test drive a I5-order a I5 for June22-cancel that I5- Order a I5 fleet cancellation.

There has been an oil tax up here since the 70's. Its on literally everything, totally agree. Very apparent on cars. Furthest South I went for a car was Redruth in Cornwall. We used to rage offshore about the unofficial oil tax on everything in Aberdeen. The general thrust was 'we go work in all the s**tholes, risk our lives and some pencil necked wee d**k wants to dip our pockets on our return when we take our wives out'. Something like that anyway. :)
Last edited by Joeboy on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

All happening now, mail just in. EV charger being fitted tomorrow afternoon . Not heard back from Octopus yet on the tails. Guy says the current (hah) tails are good for 80A so we'll get it in place and working and Octopus can catch up later on to step us up safely from 80A to 100A limit. :).
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
John_S

Post by John_S »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:36 pm All happening now, mail just in. EV charger being fitted tomorrow afternoon
Joe,
I would be very interested to hear what test certificates and paperwork etc you get given by the installer (who is probably a subcontractor of the company that Octopus have out sourced the installation to).

When mine was installed, I got nothing and Octopus have not got back to me when I queried this.

John
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:36 pm All happening now, mail just in. EV charger being fitted tomorrow afternoon
Joe,
I would be very interested to hear what test certificates and paperwork etc you get given by the installer (who is probably a subcontractor of the company that Octopus have out sourced the installation to).

When mine was installed, I got nothing and Octopus have not got back to me when I queried this.

John
Hey John, I have direct subcontracted for the chargepoint to a local company myself. Octopus will change meter tails only. I will let you know what I get but pretty much expect a couple a year warranty from install date?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Apparently the very fellow carrying my I5. Enjoying the personal touch from the fleet dealer.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 972/zoom:9
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

They’ve not even started building my iD4 yet!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 am They’ve not even started building my iD4 yet!
I am sorry to hear that Stinsy, you have a lot of patience. SWMBO & I were speaking about this last night (our experience). We found that the Tesla experience while decent in the test drive was a tad too remote and not at all about us. TBH that didn't bother me much although when the guy said we don't do factory tracing and you'll be allocated when they are shipping, my first hackle stood up, after that it was a short jump to no V2L and toys out the pram! :)

Arnold Clark in Aberdeen were excellent for the two test drives of the I5 but the timelines were not excellent even for the current version of the I5. Combine that with chip shortages and a slight dumbing down of the cars going forward due to this and I decided to track down an incomer. Fortune led me to a lady fleet dealer who had a cancelled order on the tippy toppest of top specs. Again fortune was on my side, its my first new car and its also a bit of a retirement reward to SWMBO who really has put up with a lot due to the lifestyle of offshore. Maybe not so many takers at the price so the deal was quickly done.

Also, being a cash buyer cuts away a lot of the paperwork so i'm an easy customer. The car itself was fleet ordered in August 21 and i'm one fortunate pachinko ball in all the possible outcomes since! Word is that there is a 7 month wait now on the car if ordered today and Hyundai US have stopped taking orders.

Couple all that with a 4% discount and i'm doing ok to say the least. ;)

Sadly for Arnold Clark Aberdeen they didn't get the sale yet will be dealing with any warranty claims as my nearest Hyundai dealer, bummer! :)

I genuinely feel that if you are dropping 50k on any car there should be a little razmatazz. The personal touch from the lassie at fleet and the marine tracker info on the ship does that for me. The ship is nipping on, 18.2 Knts.
Last edited by Joeboy on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am Also, being a cash buyer cuts away a lot of the paperwork so i'm an easy customer.
That may be true, but it's not my experience. Being a cash buyer 3 times now (in 35 years!) I have found every time that they are annoyed that they are not going to get the ongoing income from a finance deal. I'm not buying above the base model, and not fancy cars either, but I assumed they would at least be polite just to get my cash.
On one occasion I almost got to the point of saying "Do you want to sell me this car or not?"

They don't like us buying a car and keeping it decades, but what they don't realise is that several neighbours have noted the longevity and generally trouble-free cars we have had - and changed their troublesome Fords etc for our Vauxhalls. (They are also very pleased with the reliability of their cars now.)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!