ASHP & triple glazing

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Joeboy

Re: ASHP & triple glazing

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:43 pm And I bet they had the correct glass for every beer 8-)
Yes they did! As a bonus, they had a local and I mean village local beer called desuis. Gonna beer geek now, wonderful malty tones with apricots and I swear citrus from the hops on the nose. Citrus 1st, apricots 2nd. 6% though so I only had 3. Lieing in the Bongo and Spa is still running in the rain! Brilliant tunes to drift off to. :xl:

We have genuinely gathered experience here for our expectations back home. Happy to pay these lads the 17.5k for the 3g&installation but we are embarking on their learning journey for 3g. It won't all be smooth sailing but they will emerge all the better (I hope) and use our install as a reference for future 3g sales.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Reminds me of a time near to Brescia.

Asked for a ‘regional beer’ and the bar man said no. Twice.

He then said, ‘come with me’. We went behind the bar (this was an hotel) and introduced me to some really local artisanal beers.

Fantastic.

Good beer can be so, so good.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had a call from energy saving trust this afternoon to ask about the property and to update the EPC. Looks like it's all moving forward well.

Our current epc expires on 11th Nov 24. I'll likely get another unless we can submit the application ASAP. I'd rather wait until the 3g & ashp are done and then see where we are on the band of epc'ness.

No matter, I guess it all has to flow at its own pace and all boxes to be ticked for the ashp grant?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Would an air test be worthwhile prior to the ASHP as the calculations have to make some assumptions and air test would give better calculations for your ASHP
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:03 pm Would an air test be worthwhile prior to the ASHP as the calculations have to make some assumptions and air test would give better calculations for your ASHP
TBH, I'm built in a way that overtesting by myself switches me off. I'll see what the ashp surveyor says on the 7th Oct. I don't mind paying for someone to come in and run it accurately? Swmbo & I were talking about this today on the run from Ardennes to Paris. "The balance". Does make ye wonder how many people have poor performance from ashp due to poor figures/reality given to the surveyor...
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

I think it’s been watching all his videos where he did his own and his mum and dads and he is a data driven type of person, and he did the blower tests rather than stick with the industry standard test figured and it lowered the heat loss considerably, meaning smaller ASHP.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:52 pm

I think it’s been watching all his videos where he did his own and his mum and dads and he is a data driven type of person, and he did the blower tests rather than stick with the industry standard test figured and it lowered the heat loss considerably, meaning smaller ASHP.
Ah, build my own blower, now THAT sounds more like :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs