Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

I have often thought that 'we' sit in a circle chatting together as mates and as such normalise between ourselves what is reasonably 'out there' proclivities towards investment that won't/may not appeal to the majority. As a result and as a grass roots investor I intend to gift the kids a few Amps to get them going & literally fire them up. How long b4 mainstream? 5 to 10 years, 15 and it will be in Tesco & Asda in the gimme aisle.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

That would be good, BUT there is commission to pay to effwits like tesco for stocking what is essentially plastic detritus.
Text purchase might be a way of getting it out there whilst allowing ripple personnel who have worked bloody hard for multiple years to get this far maintaining control & taking a little of the goods (fair enough)

A text link would be good for charities asking for "purposeful long term donations" that would give them a decent long term investment (from a fiver up imho) a donation that keeps on running after it has hit the ground.

IF the national lottery would underwrite (via grants) a green projects scheme then I'm certain this sort of thing would get mainstream WAY faster, maybe ripple could get in on the ground floor & set a precedent that interested applicants could be fast tracked onto, (a lot of scout halls, WI's community clubs, YHA etc.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Inskip75 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:52 pm Nowty might have to start a second secret list for Co-op2 :lol: :lol:
I'm not joking, I already started the secret list for ripple coop 2 several hours ago. :lol:

Yes, so Joeboy is correct in thinking the original list is now 12 our of 72 members, so its still 16.7% of the membership.

And 4 defo's now for WT2.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

A chunk of marketing is missing that really ought to point out that this is for the folk who always dreamed of a wind turbine in their back garden but knew it was unsuitable, ..what would they have invested in the gubbins for blades of doom?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:19 pm That would be good, BUT there is commission to pay to effwits like tesco for stocking what is essentially plastic detritus.
Text purchase might be a way of getting it out there whilst allowing ripple personnel who have worked bloody hard for multiple years to get this far maintaining control & taking a little of the goods (fair enough)

A text link would be good for charities asking for "purposeful long term donations" that would give them a decent long term investment (from a fiver up imho) a donation that keeps on running after it has hit the ground.

IF the national lottery would underwrite (via grants) a green projects scheme then I'm certain this sort of thing would get mainstream WAY faster, maybe ripple could get in on the ground floor & set a precedent that interested applicants could be fast tracked onto, (a lot of scout halls, WI's community clubs, YHA etc.
Its not a premium/commission, it's just business as is developed over the last 50 years. Expectations for complete change in the next few years are kinda out of balance for what has went before. Would be nice to see though. Gotta hit the right incentives. Strangely, selling the benefits to planet isnt.enough so maybe micro works more combined with soul.....
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Am I being thick?
Cannot find the Watts estimator to play with anyone with more than one working eye find it & drop a link by reply please?

cheers
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mr Gus

https://rippleenergy.com/reservation-fee/offer

Click on "See approximate costs and savings"
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:52 pm
Inskip75 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:52 pm Nowty might have to start a second secret list for Co-op2 :lol: :lol:
I'm not joking, I already started the secret list for ripple coop 2 several hours ago. :lol:
Yes, so Joeboy is correct in thinking the original list is now 12 our of 72 members, so its still 16.7% of the membership.
And 4 defo's now for WT2.
I think this comment on their website:
What if I am already a member of the Graig Fatha wind farm?
If you’re already a member of the Graig Fatha wind farm you can reserve then purchase shares in the next wind farm. The maximum ownership level of the capacity that would generate 120% of your annual electricity consumption applies across both wind farms. If you are already at your maximum ownership level you wouldn’t be able to purchase shares in the new wind farm.
will stop me having any, as I am not planning to get an EV or a heat pump anytime soon.
Signing my offspring up could be a good idea though, they "missed out" on the first one because of too much going on in their lives at the moment.
It's a good point that what we see as blindingly obvious (and has repeatedly turned out to be a winner for me) is still regarded as snake oil by a lot of (small c) conservative, i.e. cautious types.

A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:52 am Mr Gus

https://rippleenergy.com/reservation-fee/offer

Click on "See approximate costs and savings"
Cheers, I wandered off with my tablet & found it, its a bit hidden at times, I did a few key word searches still didn't find it! ..needs simplifying in SEO
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
nowty

Post by nowty »

Latest progress report on the build, seems to be still on target.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3