Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Adokforme

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Adokforme »

Following a recent statement request and subsequent update I logged into our Octopus account today to read the folowing message "From 01/10/2022, you'll be paying nothing because you have a payment holiday".
Admittedly we've only been paying £10/month and are £330 in credit, so it will be interesting to see how long our holiday lasts given the likely growing energy bills in the months ahead! :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Kirkhill update.

Here's a quick update from project manager Jamie from Kirk Hill:

We're a few days away from starting construction on site ✔️

Ground investigations work have gone well so all turbine foundations should be straightforward ✔️

Working with landowners on finer details (eg keeping livestock safe during the build) ✔️

Working out the cable routes between the 8 turbines ✔️
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:35 am Kirkhill update.

Here's a quick update from project manager Jamie from Kirk Hill:

We're a few days away from starting construction on site ✔️

Ground investigations work have gone well so all turbine foundations should be straightforward ✔️

Working with landowners on finer details (eg keeping livestock safe during the build) ✔️

Working out the cable routes between the 8 turbines ✔️
Also great to see WT1 outputting well in some decent wind. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:37 am Also great to see WT1 outputting well in some decent wind. :D
and WT1 seems to be keeping on going: this month's output has at last crept past July's measly output - and it's looking quite good for the next few days too.
In the last 5 days of the month it will have about doubled the output!
Mind you, we still have the problem that it usually only achieves about 50% of their forecast output, so it probably won't (generate double twice July's.)
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:30 am
Joeboy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:37 am Also great to see WT1 outputting well in some decent wind. :D
and WT1 seems to be keeping on going: this month's output has at last crept past July's measly output - and it's looking quite good for the next few days too.
In the last 5 days of the month it will have about doubled the output!
Mind you, we still have the problem that it usually only achieves about 50% of their forecast output, so it probably won't (generate double twice July's.)
A
That shutdown period for the blade angle sensor had quite an impact on the month. Also we'll never know how much of an impact or if it had been impacting on the turbine performance for a while. Maybe once a couple of years data have built up we'll be able to look back for an Aha! moment.?

I dont' look at the Ripple prediction model anymore, 5-6.5mph will get me 0.25- 0.5kWh, double digit windspeed will get me 1kWh, beyond that its a bonus and surprise when its outputting 2kWh! :D

I did ask what the cut in speed was but no answer. its 5-6.5mph for anything close to meaningful output going on figures seen.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
djh

Post by djh »

I got my invite to the AGM yesterday and item 4 intrigued me "To receive and if approved, approve the Accounts of the Society for the financial year ended 31 March 2022". Earlier in the year I asked them for a copy of the accounts and they refused to supply one :shock: so I don't understand how they are going to get us to do the approval.

I found this topic on the forum because there was some discussion of the rules (starts at post #651) but has anybody else looked into the accounts? (I haven't read all 160 pages of this topic!) I'm not sure that post #651 had the right legislation because the AGM is for a limited company rather than a Society: "Co-Pilot Wind Project Limited". As such I think Companies Act 2006 applies and shareholders have a right to see the accounts.
John_S

Post by John_S »

The email states that the "Papers will be shared ahead of the meeting for you to review."

I would expect that this would be done at least a week before.

I see from the Agenda that there is a resolution to change the name to Graig Fartha / Kirk Hill Co-op Limited. Personally, I would have preferred the inclusion of the word Wind in the name as per the existing names.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:30 pm The email states that the "Papers will be shared ahead of the meeting for you to review."

I would expect that this would be done at least a week before.

I see from the Agenda that there is a resolution to change the name to Graig Fartha / Kirk Hill Co-op Limited. Personally, I would have preferred the inclusion of the word Wind in the name as per the existing names.
So would I. It sounds like somewhere you go for beer.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

For a change the wind is generation is coming in slightly ahead of Ripples forecast as the wind comes in, its going to be a good stress test for it today.
Bodes well for a possible UK record this afternoon.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17&start=140#p18656

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Has anyone anywhere mentioned the word wind/ renewables, if the portfolio goes into solar then, renewables instead of wind & the word co-op are more descriptive & on point.
Is put it to ripple as the captain's of the ship, ..don't want any expensive nhs headed paper incidents now, do we!?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more