Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

You can look at the official scenario's for this winter here,

https://www.nationalgrideso.com/documen ... t%20winter.

Scenario 2 in January is squeaky bum time. :?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

marshman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:13 am It is impossible to really compare usage between households, location, occupancy, age/lifestyle etc. all have a massive effect. Joeboy is way up t'north where, so "they" tell us it is colder and the days are shorter at this time of year ;) I live down south in what Nowty self declares a "desert" :lol: (yeh right 156mm of rain in November so far!) and have not put the heating on yet - still 19 deg first thing in the kitchen. Large all electric house but no EV, so far this month we are on just under 400kWh, BUT we have no EV to charge. Somehow we manged to export 31kWh as well.

Personally I think when monthly consumption figures are "published" EV's should be quoted separately as they can be a massive proportion of consumption and can distort the figures a lot. Also maybe house consumption would be better expressed in kWh/m2.

Which brings me on to another question, when you say your house is say 2500 sq ft. is that the foot print - i.e. ground floor area, or is it the total floor area?
Total floor area, both levels. Its all very apples and oranges for comparison. Plus I now like the house to be about 22 degs. :)
At the moment I am happily barreling along with my fuel balance but that will likely change come Jan but all depending on how far gas rises in price.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:14 pm You can look at the official scenario's for this winter here,

https://www.nationalgrideso.com/documen ... t%20winter.

Scenario 2 in January is squeaky bum time. :?
I did note a few weeks ago that the phased power cut plan, last used back in the early 1970's, I believe, has been dusted off and referred to a few times within government over recent weeks: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:58 am https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... are_btn_tw

Better late than never. :lol:
I've never understood the opposition to onshore wind. I remember that when we were still living down in Cornwall in the 1970's and 80's, when the small wind farm near Chiverton Cross was built, right next to the A30, it quickly became a tourist attraction. Not unusual to see a dozen or more cars parked there, with people just looking at the turbines spinning.

It's always seemed to me that the objectors are a very tiny number of people that happen to be both vociferous and have influence.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

A trial that Ripple is taking part in:

Long Duration Energy Storage Trial

29/11/2022
Today we're announcing our involvement in an exciting new government funded trial. The Long Duration Energy Storage trial will see 100 UK homes fitted with a new heat pump and a battery for one year alongside a Ripple wind farm share.

The scheme is funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industry Strategy (BEIS) alongside Sun Amp, experts in energy-efficient, sustainable thermal storage solutions. Sunamp is to receive £9.25 million to develop and trial its advanced thermal storage system in 100 homes across the UK. The trial aims to provide increased storage duration and capacity and pair it with household energy systems.

We’re so pleased to be working alongside Sunamp and other innovators in the energy space to tackle the greener heat challenge.

We know many of you have expressed an interest in owning heat pump/battery solutions in the future and therefore may be interested in this trial. We will be in touch in the new year with more information about how members can put themselves forward to take part.

You can read more about today's announcement https://blog.rippleenergy.com/environme ... challenge/
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks for posting stinsy, would be great if a few here got on that scheme, & of course added value data to chew over.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:36 pm Thanks for posting stinsy, would be great if a few here got on that scheme, & of course added value data to chew over.
Fintray, I think... 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

yeah, my internet is playing funny buggers, long enough for me to forget Fintray as OP on that.

Bad Gus, ...bad!
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:48 pm yeah, my internet is playing funny buggers, long enough for me to forget Fintray as OP on that.

Bad Gus, ...bad!
PMSL! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs