Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Adokforme

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:36 pm On the plus side WT1 is still exempt and is set to crank at decent output till the new year.🥳
Decent output indeed, as for the one hour at 18.00 today it surpassed the capacity owned by almost 10%. It's fallen back to a mere 94% subsequently. :mrgreen:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:58 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:36 pm On the plus side WT1 is still exempt and is set to crank at decent output till the new year.🥳
Decent output indeed, as for the one hour at 18.00 today it surpassed the capacity owned by almost 10%. It's fallen back to a mere 94% subsequently. :mrgreen:
It’s a data sampling issue, ripple explained it a while back. Most likely it was at 100% for hours and the data will be corrected after 2 or 3 days.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

WT1 seems to be coming back quite well towards the end of a patchy Dec. 3rd best month so far? Here's to a rip roaring January with no downtime and favourable wind direction!, :twisted:

Just under 4.5MWh generation for us, for a partial first year with new machinery bedding in issues and also stacked start up maintenance requirements. I am very happy 😊.

It bodes well for WT2-WT9 (17.4 v's 31.1 mph in this hour at the two sites). We went in heavy on the second site, its gonna be Epic!

Well done to all Camelot members who went in early and hopeful on this one. For all those who came in on Kirkhill and are on stand by at the moment. It is well worth the wait. What a blast you'll be having one year from today. 🤞 ✌️.

Project 3 😁 , I hope they sell it right out the door. I'll be going in on that one too but just enough to top up my 120%. After that I guess I'll just be a bystander for projects 4 & onward. Unless the goalposts move... which would be nice.

It does seem slightly at odds that posts can be moved so we are taxed on the site due to its size yet if P3 does not sell out
We are still denied access to the bank section of the investment? I understand the reason behind the 120% limit so all who wish to can invest but once the clock has run down on that, surely it makes sense...

Anyway, not to end on a bum note, it's been great fun so far. I am looking forward to a drive down to Ayrshire, hopefully Feb 24. I'll go to Largs for a stick of rock, then onwards to see 2-9 cranking away. 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I'm going for home energy production imstead of ripple solar, really need the space back from all those stored panels.
Will likely need some electrical upgrades so am aiming to fit & temp cover the panels (fun project in itself)

The "shroud of mystery" over location & the seasonality, uncertainty about land use & like are offputting, compared to wind.

Would like to up my wind watts by a bare minimum of 94 though! ..annoyingly uneven as joe has previously mentioned.
(The wife was meant to, but "forgot" )
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just noticed WT1 has clocked over 5 GW for us now. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:07 pm Just noticed WT1 has clocked over 5 GW for us now. :mrgreen:
Nice eh? :D
It's a great place to be. 93.52% capacity last couple of hours.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:06 pm I'm going for home energy production imstead of ripple solar, really need the space back from all those stored panels.
Will likely need some electrical upgrades so am aiming to fit & temp cover the panels (fun project in itself)

The "shroud of mystery" over location & the seasonality, uncertainty about land use & like are offputting, compared to wind.

Would like to up my wind watts by a bare minimum of 94 though! ..annoyingly uneven as joe has previously mentioned.
Any reason for covering the panels once they are fitted?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:33 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:06 pm I'm going for home energy production imstead of ripple solar, really need the space back from all those stored panels.

I wondered that too. Will the inverter not just throttle itself?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:41 pm
Fintray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:33 pm

I wondered that too. Will the inverter not just throttle itself?
Makes no difference if the panels (PV) aren't connected but Gus could be on about solar thermal instead.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
John_S

Post by John_S »

Something odd is going on with my dashboard.

Before Christmas, the cumulative generation since start per the dashboard equalled the monthly totals plus the daily totals for the current month, up to the last update date. The last update date would always lag behind by a couple of days as the reading was fine tuned from the initial estimate.

Now the cumulative total is well behind what it should be, even if I knock a couple of days off the last update date.

Has anyone else noticed this?

John