Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Inskip75

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Inskip75 »

Bugtownboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:55 am I’ve been doing the Zoe surveillance from the start too. I think it’s a real pity HMG are pulling funding just when they start to develop the programme looking at wider health issues - eg, gut health and immunity.

When you consider how much money was spent on a pretty dysfunctional T, T & T.
We've done this from the start with the additional surveys etc - such a waste to pull the plug when Covid still hasn't gone and so much info has been collated - we are still being very careful.
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Was discussing numbers being over the 100k mark last night with the mrs.
Have not heard any politician say "adopt the Japanese policy of masking up If you suspect the sniffles or more" ..& that speaks mounds as to "it's all over" stance by govt twats.

We carry on masking up when out, kid does at school, did on her driving lessons & test even though now deemed unnecessary, ..to us nothing has changed as to avoidance & protection continuance.

Lessons being cancelled at her school more frequently with 20+ teachers off currently,

It all seems to be the newest variant, with no sign of immunity build up from those who have had it multiple times already, one person on a cross station wife listens to driving had it 5 times in that london, too date.

We've been mask wearing since Dec 2019 now, no idea when we plan to ditch them, part of the new travel kit I reckon.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

The new BA.2 version of Omicron seems to be spreading fast and prior vaccination/infection doesn’t seem to prevent you from getting it. Seems to be mild though, like a very mild flu or very bad cold.

If we don’t test/isolate/mask for colds/flu then we shouldn’t for this. People don’t seem to test positive or get symptoms until after they’ve been spreading it for a few days so limited value in testing anyway.

I think we should apply the old common sense that existed before COVID: if you’re ill don’t spread it to elderly relatives or work colleagues. Irrelevant of COVID, bad cold, or other virus.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mart

Post by Mart »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 pm Huge congrats Mart! How is it?
I haven't driven much, been a bit sore, but first impressions great. I'd guess our eyeline is about 6 inches higher than the TM3 (mostly due to the subfloor). Plenty of power, still more than enough, just not the insanity of the TM3 with the acceleration boost (~100bhp extra).

Thought I'd take some pics of the storage, as the frunk is much bigger, the underfloor boot storage is huge, and of course the boot itself. Rainy day today, and also need a frame of reference - might sound silly, but I thought a classic builders bucket would probably give everyone a reasonable scale?

Just remembered there's a 'Y' thread, so I'll slap something on there when the weather improves.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:59 pm
Tinbum wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:37 pm Increasing my Vitamin D from 800 to 1800 and 25mg of Zinc daily seems to have helped my Long Covid enormously.
SWMBO has been daily force feeding me vitamin C, D, Zinc, Tumeric and Manuka honey since the pandemic began. :lol:

SWMBO is also in an awkward position, as she does not seem to have any symptoms today and is testing negative but she is in the high risk category as I found out today that the extremely vulnerable category no longer exists.

She wont get any sick pay unless she tests positive with PCR, officially you cannot request a PCR unless you have symptoms or test positive on a lateral flow. The guidance for her (as living with a close family member with covid) is work from home if she can but as a cleaner she cant. So for the moment she is just absent from work.

Because of her category, she already has an emergency standby PCR test kit she could take now but then if she tests negative her manager wants her to return to work even though she still may get infected at any time because of me. So she wants to do the "Right" thing but the system seems to persecute people in her position.
SWMBO has now tested positive for Covid on a lateral flow test and is starting to get symptoms, she's at high risk so gets automatic antiviral treatment and I've signed up for an antiviral trial for the over 50's with a 50% chance of having the real deal or a placebo.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Thankfully me, my wife and son managed to avoid getting it from my daughter. She only tested negative on Monday morning, some 13 days after testing positive. We decided to keep her off School through out that period, she could have gone back after 10 days but I think if your testing positive with an LFT you can still spread it. My wife's primary school has many of there teachers off and now even supply teachers are going off sick. She is now wearing a FFP2 mask by choice while teaching. Yesterday Zoe figure was nearly 246,000 daily cases (edit 258,000 today) which is much larger than the 2 peaks in January, yet no mention at all from Government. Bet the ONS figures won't be good this week and they are 2 weeks behind.

Last edited by Tinbum on Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

nowty wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 am
SWMBO has now tested positive for Covid on a lateral flow test and is starting to get symptoms, she's at high risk so gets automatic antiviral treatment and I've signed up for an antiviral trial for the over 50's with a 50% chance of having the real deal or a placebo.
Hope your both feeling better soon..
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinbum wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:04 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 am
Hope your both feeling better soon..
I'm now on the mend coming out the other side, in the end I could not do the antiviral trial without leaving my current Sanofi booster trial I am on. And SWMBO had a call from a doctor today about her antiviral treatment. But after reviewing how she is, she's not near bad enough to warrant the treatment. In her case it would have involved her staying in hospital, possibly overnight for an infusion.

Her PCR test came back positive today surprise surprise, but at least that means she can get some sick pay and have another week off. ;)

Nice and sunny all next week, if we are both better by then we might just have a little drive over to that new windmill NW of Cardiff. If I keep the speed down to 60 we might even make it there and back and ALL solar powered. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Good to hear you are both on the up the numbers of people catching it at the moment is scary!

Moxi