Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Bugtownboy »

Heard of wearing your heart on your sleeve :shock:

Be good if there’s a good number that can meet up. If nothing else ;) , to celebrated what has to be the most accessible way in to ‘installing’ RE, particularly for those without a suitable dwelling.

I hope the potential is far bigger than the initial project
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:50 pm Be good if there’s a good number that can meet up. If nothing else ;) , to celebrated what has to be the most accessible way in to ‘installing’ RE, particularly for those without a suitable dwelling.

Sort-of discussed in the Ripple thread. The latest communication says
In January, we'll close reservations, then open it for full membership. We can't wait to bring you news on its location and who will be joining us as new supply partners Planning for wind farm 3 will get underway! We have begun exploring options for our third project. We're hoping to bring you more news soon!
Given the supposed upper limit on the capacity/output we can individually buy into, it is going to depend on a massively wider buy-in.
How can we help this? I find friends politely evade the question and move away when I raise it...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:17 pm
Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:50 pm Be good if there’s a good number that can meet up. If nothing else ;) , to celebrated what has to be the most accessible way in to ‘installing’ RE, particularly for those without a suitable dwelling.

Sort-of discussed in the Ripple thread. The latest communication says
Given the supposed upper limit on the capacity/output we can individually buy into, it is going to depend on a massively wider buy-in.
How can we help this? I find friends politely evade the question and move away when I raise it...
A
[/quote]
I know where you're coming from. The thing about people is that no matter how well you think you know someone, you don't. You know their public projection and your own assumptions mixed in with a bit of old fashioned 'everyone,knows what I know'. Nothing sorts out the oil/water reality of these illusions faster than money. I have dropped Ripple into a number of conversations and maybe one out of a hundred seeds will germinate... just life! :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

WS was excellent for assisting in cooking Christmas feast and taking the strain off of SWMBO. Continuing today with a sausage (chipolata apple & cranberry and also pork) and onion gravy casserole served with peas and mashed tatties. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had a great day splitting and stacking logs with my son. Also split a load of kindling. A decent wee bit of New Year work. Also triple batch cooking my arabiatta sauce while swmbo hits the sales. Might actually be more appropriate to say hits the returns.

WS kettle has been filled 6 times today, the alchemy of wood converting to electricity not bought tonight as 25lts of water that won't have to be lifted to 80 degs in the HWT or kettle. I like that, bit of a head knock when I thought 'not gas any more joeboy'. :D
Temps are dropping swiftly now. 3 degs out and 17+ indoors. All from the WS, WS thermal store & residual heat emitting from the storage heaters.
:)
Love watching these glass pans do their thing.

Also very handy as an alt tumble dryer if moisture management in place.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
billi

Post by billi »

.... Sogar so good , glad that Outsider temps have been arround 5-10° ... ,So No need to Heat too intense , well new years Eve Cheese Fondue tastend great in the stove ... (Salat there Just for a Photo Shot )
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Getting the hang of this now. Prawn & cashew curry with nan bread and a spaghetti with arabiatta sauce and parmigiano. :) no grid

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
billi

Post by billi »

Nice one Joeboy :D

Lets work on a Joebilli- Oliver woodburner - cookbook :D

Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recip ... el-sprouts

If anyone is looking at a sous vide unit (anova are good) I picked up a second one for my batch cook cool box, set your alarms for boxing day 2022 :lol: ..I picked one up for £51 odd quid delivered. (regular price is around the £130 mark - £180 depending on hitting sale season or not)

Sprouts "were" puke inducers for me (overboiled stinky nastiness) but once I had properly done finished in a frying pan at wetherspoons of all places they redeemed themselves somewhat, & damn they are a healthy veg if you can take it!

The above recipe means they don't go soggy (hoorah) if you don't want to scar your kids for life, maybe try the fry finish! ;)
Last edited by Mr Gus on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

billi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm Nice one Joeboy :D

Lets work on a Joebilli- Oliver woodburner - cookbook :D

Cheers Billi I will check it out on the desktop tomorrow

Food prep done, tumble dryer mode engaged!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs