Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Nah, just thought Nowty was doing a shadowing run based on windspeeds, nearby location & spec for some posh fag packet comparisons which he would inevitably check how close his speculation & math was upon the KH units running (me too)

Kirkhill happens when it happens, I just hope no SHI-lighT show, can do without that sort of crap tbh (never was one for parties) would prefer an extra watt in the tank instead!

Mind you if the powers that "pee" ..(us around) in terms of delays with final connections etc I will be twitching angrily but imperceptibly.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Gus, there is no point me measuring a nearby KH against a theoretical baseline as wind has too much variability from month to month and year to year. I need a real KH to measure against the nearby KH "control" windfarm to check that the output of KH is reasonable in the day to day output but in order to validate whether the official baseline was a reasonable estimate takes several years of data.

But I have noticed the wind speed around the KH area is no doubt more consistently higher than GF over the year so am expecting more generation. Long term though, locational pricing may level the playing field due to GF being in an area of less constraint.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Wind is on the up. Woosh woosh! :twisted:

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 am Wind is on the up. Woosh woosh! :twisted:

Yes indeed Joe, according to my spreadsheet this months generation is about to surpass that of February. Twelve months ago who would have thought it possible in the middle of summer. Seems like PV's loss this month is winds gain.
Almost a balanced portfolio!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:49 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 am Wind is on the up. Woosh woosh! :twisted:
Yes indeed Joe, according to my spreadsheet this months generation is about to surpass that of February. Twelve months ago who would have thought it possible in the middle of summer. Seems like PV's loss this month is winds gain.
I concur, Feb's total has now probably fallen in the last few minutes, and the next 3 days to the end of this month are looking windy. :twisted:

My VB is going to be over 160% SOC. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:22 pm
Adokforme wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:49 pm
I concur, Feb's total has now probably fallen in the last few minutes, and the next 3 days to the end of this month are looking windy. :twisted:

My VB is going to be over 160% SOC. :mrgreen:
That is an astonishing position to be in. 👏 👏

I am hoping (and will be very happy) if I can hit Winter with close to 80% VB soc. That should see our home through to the first of the Kirkhill generation payment in Spring 24. After that it's proper Tsunami time for me n mine. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Proving once & for all that wind turbines just don't work *cough*
:mrgreen:
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:23 pm Proving once & for all that wind turbines just don't work *cough*
:mrgreen:
Ach, I don't listen to farts in the wind for advice. :lol:

That I share a planet with them that they degrade and undermine for short term goals saddens me.

Nowty made a fair point regarding curtailment. As has Swills over the last year. Interconnects and grid level storage will be difference makers in KH achieving its full potential. Glasgow, Paisley & maybe even Edinburgh will be on the receiving end of most of the generation. I'd still like to see X amount of it make its way South to Carlisle and beyond.

This not for greed, but for efficiency and to go some way towards offsetting the NIMBY's who appear so prevalent and somehow unassailable in the South? (Emminent domain, just get intae it) See line 2 for reinforcement. I'll be keeping an eye open for further RE projects that I can buy into in Scotland over the coming years and hope to invest further South too.

GF & DW are good starts in the South but my personal goal is to be 7 figures +£1 invested in RE across the whole island before heading for the off. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I scream at our locals ones in jest as I pass them, as they've been there best part of 15 years it's a very old joke about non-working renewables, ..got to be done.

East anglia being heavy on the WT front ought be a contender for battery storage at source, but have yet to see / hear of any, will ring Enercon just down the road & see if one of the lads there has any news for me.

More rental for farmers, double bubble

Anyone have any insight as to how battery storage works with pre-existing community funds for RE? (would be interesting to know in order to be able to present its case & perhaps all the more reason for a few communities to just say, add another turbine & it's output worked into "community" provision.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:28 pm Anyone have any insight as to how battery storage works with pre-existing community funds for RE? (would be interesting to know in order to be able to present its case & perhaps all the more reason for a few communities to just say, add another turbine & it's output worked into "community" provision.
When asked in the past about battery storage with their projects, Ripple have commented that it becomes more complicated because you end up with more of a financial type investment through energy trading rather than a simple project to delivery your own leccy supply. I know thats partly illusional, but its their current business model.

I was wondering myself whether CoOp rules would effectively preclude a battery type project but I don't think so as at least one battery asset has been offered recently via Thrive Renewables and Bristol Energy CoOperative. Why did we miss that ? :evil:
https://www.energy-storage.news/thrive- ... age-asset/

https://bristolenergy.coop/win-for-bris ... y-storage/
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3