Corner turned

Joeboy

Re: Corner turned

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:09 am Hope you are all dressed as *booty* chasing pirates joe.

Presumably the panels were flexible laminate type?
No mate, full on 1.5mtr x 750mm aluminium framed jobs. Proper life stoppers. Ahharrrr matey! :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A strange month as we seem to have been seeing grey skies for most of it. So this next came as a real surprise to me.
Due to a couple of EV charges we were £7.59 for electricity for the month of May. On the other side of the book we made £43.89 on the solar FIT and £40.52 on the WT, a net gain of £76.82. SWMBO was like this :o when i mentioned it this morning. :D

Zero gas too for entire month, we are self propelled! :lol: :lol:

This new reality has certainly sneaked up on me. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Morning JB,

I know what you mean with the grey skies - yet the solar still seems to be meeting our needs - I have noticed here on the West coast that even on the most miserable of days we normally get clear skies around tea time and amazing evening sunshine which brings the panels right up to their maximum for a few hours. Normally it coincides with tea time so cooking is normally all in the electric medium :)

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:39 am Morning JB,

I know what you mean with the grey skies - yet the solar still seems to be meeting our needs - I have noticed here on the West coast that even on the most miserable of days we normally get clear skies around tea time and amazing evening sunshine which brings the panels right up to their maximum for a few hours. Normally it coincides with tea time so cooking is normally all in the electric medium :)

Moxi
That's good to hear. We had that yesterday evening too, for a wee while

Up here in the North we do well with the larger arrays and batteries to catch more of the weaker passing irradiation. That combined with effective, efficient power use in home seems to be a decent combination to grid avoidance. I hope the next and final string of three panels are enough to chip away slightly at that 3 month block Dec-Feb. A week at either end of of that block would be considered a win
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

After a relatively dismal May, 1st June took off with a bang. 42kWh generated here at home. HWT popping at the Seams, dishwasher and washing machine runs, induction hob cooking plus 50 miles into the EV. At the end of all that this is the battery stack at 10pm!
I ran up the woodstove regardless as even now we still have an evening chill.
You get a day like this when it all clicks Effortlessly into place and it's such a buzz. :D

Ran through the charging of EV with SWMBO and finishing touches on the Bongo for run to Germany commencing Friday. Such a good day today getting it all together.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I'm slowly charging up both EVs after returning from the airport practically empty.

Its 23 degrees in the house but my South American sister in law is complaining about the temperature and is hugging the oven heated by the batteries which have been charged from the solar. :mrgreen:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 pm I'm slowly charging up both EVs after returning from the airport practically empty.

Its 23 degrees in the house but my South American sister in law is complaining about the temperature and is hugging the oven heated by the batteries which have been charged from the solar. :mrgreen:

I worked out of Rio and Macae for a bit. Loved it, excellent folk. Seas were weird though. Wave timings were completely different to any of the euro, African , Arabian gulf. Epic though!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs