Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:39 am Up early as SWMBO catching 7am train to Edinburgh for day out with daughter. No1 son & I processing logs. Before starting on the logs I set the charger at 8A and chucked some power into EV It has been excellent to watch the home battery discharge rate fall away as the PV has taken up the load and we are now about 10 minutes away from topping up EV with liquid sunshine only A simple thing yet so satisfying. This evenings run in to station to collect SWMBO will be a true FF free run self generated. :ugeek:

Even though this is my reality I am literally agog that it's real and true.

Edit- click, 09.51 liquid sunshine as fuel anyone? :)
Now have to chase that 8A charging figure North as the day goes on.
10.30 13A
11.00 16A
12.00 18A 29 miles in so far, was a bit tasty on the loud pedal coming back from station. 2.9miles per kWh.
14.00 test over. 40 miles added, oven run for lunch, chainsaw batteries recharged multiples over the morning. Cloud cover is rolling in now so I'll leave what ever else comes in to top up home stack. :ugeek:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Its a lovely feeling isnt it JB, we are not set up like you or Nowty but even we love the daily game of watching out for the grid meter light going constant and the amber diverter led start flashing to show we are on harvested power.

Today I recharged all the hoover batteries while we had some sun - not much but it all helps

As it is with you here we have heavy grey louds now and steady rain but out over Ireland way it seems to be clearing so we may yet get some late afternoon sunshine to add a few last watts.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:03 pm Its a lovely feeling isnt it JB, we are not set up like you or Nowty but even we love the daily game of watching out for the grid meter light going constant and the amber diverter led start flashing to show we are on harvested power.

Today I recharged all the hoover batteries while we had some sun - not much but it all helps

As it is with you here we have heavy grey louds now and steady rain but out over Ireland way it seems to be clearing so we may yet get some late afternoon sunshine to add a few last watts.

Moxi
Tbh Moxi, I get the same joy out of charging my AA's for the Hive sensors as I do the EV. OK, I recognise the wow factor of scale but it's the same thing. I know where you're coming from! We have a couple of grey days coming through, that's ok though as today was too easy.We ended up with 80% soc in the stack and a couple of hundred Watts still coming in while son is gaming :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Suns coming out big time Thursday onwards and the wind near ripple WT1 is not too bad either.
At last double bubble. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:43 pm Suns coming out big time Thursday onwards and the wind near ripple WT1 is not too bad either.
At last double bubble. :twisted:
Enjoy, long may it continue!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Out on the coast and passed this massive ground mount array at a Scottish water site. Had to be 500 panels min.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Shame you couldn’t connect up for a few minutes 😆

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I wonder if Ripple want to build a single unit behind my cottage ? We get good westerlies and today the easterlies are snapping down the nantiles valley and up over the shoulder of moel tryfan at around 30mph gusting to 42mph.

They could plug it into my house direct as I have a spare three pin plug socket at the back of the cottage .

That said because we’re on the edge of the national park I presume there would be some sort of outcry 😒, most likely from people who live no where near us!

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Going back some years...

The inmates at Whitemoor high security prison had a WT nearby that had to shut down at key points of the day due to prisoners getting upset at some occasional blade flicker.

All those tough rapists, sex offenders & child murders :roll:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/apr ... robation[i][/i]

Talked to a manager there back in the day who it must be said had never noticed it in all the time (years) he'd been there.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:36 am Shame you couldn’t connect up for a few minutes 😆

Moxi
Did that as soon as we got home! EV, oven snd washing machine all operating and no grid use :D
6.3kW available with a further 2kW going into the home stack via the Victron side door.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs