Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
resybaby

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by resybaby »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:51 pm
I've also done 700G on Shell knowing they'll keep the lights on for my family when I'm dead. See the difference, not a single bobbly hat in sight. :twisted:
Well that post re Shell enables me to come out of the closet, figuratively speaking of course, not brave enough to reveal before given the board eco ethos and all. Me and mrs Rezy have significant chunks of the old oillies (similar value), miners (420) and a variety of other stuff inc airlines (60) Tech, construction, finance, but mainly all the 'nasty' stuff. Started investing in my pre 20's when my mates were pizzing it all up the walls in pubs/clubs and 'green' wasnt a thing, been lucky. Would likely be run off the forum if my full pf revealed, despite my solar 'make amends' !!!!!!

Did buy one 'greeny' though. UKW (however its been remarkably unspectacular), bought that instead of the last Ripple offering, just didnt seem right to me from how i understood it all. But maybe Ripple plans to go more 'institutional' with financing is simply to get on the front foot with this supposed wave of RE promises the new government are building up hopes for?

Far easier to go for less buyers with bigger pockets than keep hoping to obtain a great number of smaller investments from reducing numbers of the public whose pockets are still sufficent to get onboard.

Same with everything in life i suppose, have to see how it all pans out.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:49 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:51 pm
I've also done 700G on Shell knowing they'll keep the lights on for my family when I'm dead. See the difference, not a single bobbly hat in sight. :twisted:
Well that post re Shell enables me to come out of the closet, figuratively speaking of course, not brave enough to reveal before given the board eco ethos and all. Me and mrs Rezy have significant chunks of the old oillies (similar value), miners (420) and a variety of other stuff inc airlines (60) Tech, construction, finance, but mainly all the 'nasty' stuff. Started investing in my pre 20's when my mates were pizzing it all up the walls in pubs/clubs and 'green' wasnt a thing, been lucky. Would likely be run off the forum if my full pf revealed, despite my solar 'make amends' !!!!!!

Did buy one 'greeny' though. UKW (however its been remarkably unspectacular), bought that instead of the last Ripple offering, just didnt seem right to me from how i understood it all. But maybe Ripple plans to go more 'institutional' with financing is simply to get on the front foot with this supposed wave of RE promises the new government are building up hopes for?

Far easier to go for less buyers with bigger pockets than keep hoping to obtain a great number of smaller investments from reducing numbers of the public whose pockets are still sufficent to get onboard.

Same with everything in life i suppose, have to see how it all pans out.
Everybody does their own thing I guess and no one should be judging that. We are split between property, Vanguard funds, notice accounts and Shell. If I see an attractive project on for example energy4all I'd use Shell dividends to buy into that project.

Although investable projects have been few and far between. Last one was Dundee solar which i passed on. Waiting for Edinburgh solar and il have a crack at that for a 5% return. I had a good number of ftse listed solar farm investments but they were a bit crap. Sure there was a 1/4ly dividend but the share price was weak across the sector. Ran that test for about 5 years and won't go there again.

Happier now with a simplified investment life.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Finally we have the project financial closure and breakdown between equity and debt for the Derril Water solar farm.
56% Equity and 44% debt.

https://blog.rippleenergy.com/derril-wa ... l-closure/

https://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/ripp ... gin-money/

https://www.holsworthy-today.co.uk/news ... eal-730315

In comparison,
Graig Fatha 100% Equity 0% Debt (would have been similar debt if the mystery co-investor did not pile in at the end).
Kirk Hill 61.5% Equity 38.5% Debt (debt increased from an initial 30% because of the cost over run).
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3