UK Wind Record

Wind turbines
Ken

Re: UK Wind Record

Post by Ken »

i used to be able to hear the mains sewage pump until they obviously fixed it. Very low frequency which could travel a long way in a water pipe no doubt.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Tinbum wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:39 am I now suffer from really loud tinnitus due to covid, but that is really high pitched, but I still hear this low pitched one in certain places. I have wondered if it's possibly mains, wifi or possibly due to the telecoms on an old water tower near us.
If anyone has tinnitus my experience might be useful:

I had noticed tinnitus developing through my late 50s and had got to the stage where I wanted to do something about it. However it was overtaken by my wife's complaints abut me having the radio or TV on very loud, so I ended up at out local hospital audiology dept. They said I had simple age-related hearing loss and "gave" me NHS digital hearing aids in which the amplification is matched to the hearing loss over successive frequency ranges in each ear (as well as talking to each other to keep binaural hearing.) They are brilliant - as well as being free - but better still, when wearing them the tinnitus virtually disappears. It was noticeable from the first time I put them on.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 pm
Tinbum wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:39 am I now suffer from really loud tinnitus due to covid, but that is really high pitched, but I still hear this low pitched one in certain places. I have wondered if it's possibly mains, wifi or possibly due to the telecoms on an old water tower near us.
If anyone has tinnitus my experience might be useful:

I had noticed tinnitus developing through my late 50s and had got to the stage where I wanted to do something about it. However it was overtaken by my wife's complaints abut me having the radio or TV on very loud, so I ended up at out local hospital audiology dept. They said I had simple age-related hearing loss and "gave" me NHS digital hearing aids in which the amplification is matched to the hearing loss over successive frequency ranges in each ear (as well as talking to each other to keep binaural hearing.) They are brilliant - as well as being free - but better still, when wearing them the tinnitus virtually disappears. It was noticeable from the first time I put them on.
A
Thank you. Yes, I was offered them as well, but haven't taken them up, as I'm certain my problems are due to Long Covid. I've been to ENT loads of times over the last couple of years and had lots of various tests, including an MRI. To be honest I can cope with the tinnitus fine, it's the head and ear pressure that's the hardest. Re loud- I'm the opposite, I can't stand things that are loud, though I do have age related hearing loss. I'm stuck in 'fight or flight' mode and in an over-sensory overload. :(
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
GarethC

Post by GarethC »

What a day for wind. Not below 15GW on Gridwatch all day, which probably means, what, maybe 18GW including embedded on the other sites?
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

National Grid has announced official new max generation record of 21.620GW yesterday

Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Help! Some moron I've ended up arguing with on Twitter has "demanded" I show that there wasn't much wind curtailed yesterday - he's trying to blither on that paying wind farms to curtail is a massive subsidy con.

Is there a data graph I can steal that shows wind curtailment/availability yesterday?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
nowty

Post by nowty »

dan_b wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:47 pm Help! Some moron I've ended up arguing with on Twitter has "demanded" I show that there wasn't much wind curtailed yesterday - he's trying to blither on that paying wind farms to curtail is a massive subsidy con.

Is there a data graph I can steal that shows wind curtailment/availability yesterday?
(nowtyrecord for searching, back two messages to the dan_b post, official record now 21.620 GW on 10/01/23, will now need around 22GW on Energy Numbers / 18GW on Gridwatch to beat it)

There only seemed to be a small amount curtailed in the early hours (if any), I'll add the pic on from the link in a few mins.
https://www.bmreports.com/bmrs/?q=gener ... t/out-turn

Last edited by nowty on Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I'm sure Moray E will provide the info :lol:
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-64226854

Exagen, land nr Earl Shilton Leicestershire way!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normanton,_Rutland

https://www.exagen.co.uk/

https://www.exagen.co.uk/news/octopus-energy-fund/ OCTOPUS links!

Hoping they will utilise that space for a decent amount of GSHP for the site, wasted opportunity if not, shipping containers get hot as hell without batteries in them as is.

500 megawatts combined battery capacity.

Can it not be under a solar canopy though? (please)

Presumably there is a glut of nearby w/t's ?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

If this was actually 500 MW of charge it would be the largest chemical storage installation in the world. Its most likely 500MWh of discharge on a more limited charge capacity of 140MW or so.

Only 549500MW to go for 2050 decarbonisation targets assuming some generous capacity factors :D