Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

Oops yes 1 litre zig-90 25 quid

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks guys, I have a big galvanisers up the road, maybe I'll give so a call for a quote, the pics are a timely reminder.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:01 pm Oops yes 1 litre zig-90 25 quid

Moxi
I swear by galvafroid, not cheap but works brilliantly. You can tell how good it will be by the weight of the tin!
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Hello Moxi
Looking at picture. You have 3574m3 of gas quite close to the house. Could the bottles be moved down the garden with a bit of pipe work.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:52 pm Mr Gus,

Of course not all up there’s £230 of kit BUT I bought bulk fittings as I plan other unistrut stuff in the year eg the parents lpg regulator change over unit needs a new support structure amongst other jobs.

So off the top of my head I would say the channel was a hundred the brackets around fifteen and the bolts washers and channel nuts a fiver.

I’ve got eight 45s left forty eight 90s forty four straights and the balance of a hundred m20 nuts washers and bolts and sprung channel nuts.

Moxi
You ought make up a template that can be adjusted for panels of other makes accordingly & post it here.
Someone would no doubt find it very useful down the line, having lost so much from st elsewhere it would be good to have a few camelot "instructables" in one place.

Or build a few to order & flog em ikea style with self assembly stickers.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

How come you used straight pieces rather than Ts to connect the cross pieces?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Stinsey,

The panels I have with predrilled mounting holes come up close to the 45 bracket at the top of the strut so a T would have pushed the panels down by the Distance of the T - about 50mm I think ? Or I would have needed to cut the hypotenuse, adjacent and opposite limbs of strut longer to accommodate. Considering the weight of the panels the self weight of the struts and the thickness of the straight plate there enough cross section in the straight plate connection for transmission of any loads.

The gas bottles were located there when we bought the place and the large bulk cylinder that used to be mounted on a plinth opposite is now where the parents two cylinders live. Not ideal but there’s no garden to move them to other than across the road. We maintain one cylinder isolated and go out and swing the valves manually when the gas goes off so as to minimise risk.

Mr Gus there used to be a really good bit of free unistrut software that allowed you to design your job and it even gave you a parts list to pick from as well.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Not got as far as I would have liked but the winds picking up and handling panels on my own was proving a challenge so basically just an extra cross piece, the casters and one panel mounted.

It moves nice and easy on the wheels and with the brakes engaged it’s sits where it’s left so I’m happy with the outcome from that.

Moxi

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:53 pm Not got as far as I would have liked but the winds picking up and handling panels on my own was proving a challenge so basically just an extra cross piece, the casters and one panel mounted.

It moves nice and easy on the wheels and with the brakes engaged it’s sits where it’s left so I’m happy with the outcome from that.

Moxi

That is really nice!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs