Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Fintray wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:17 pm Just saw Joe Inglis flash past!
and Nowty.
How peeved would you have been if they'd misread it when inputting the names if it had come up as "English Joe" !? :lol:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:04 am
Fintray wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:17 pm Just saw Joe Inglis flash past!
and Nowty.
How peeved would you have been if they'd misread it when inputting the names if it had come up as "English Joe" !? :lol:
No worries Gus, about 1 in 50 spells it right, 1 in 100 pronounce it correctly. My understanding is that I am a mix of English, Scots, Irish, Chinese & Gypsy blood. Our kids Grandfather was Welsh so they have the full set in the veins.
Walked into a bar in Shenzhen and the lassie behind the bar who i had never met, pulled me a pint and kept looking at me. I said How ye doing? She said 'You mixed race baby'. I almost fell off my stool! I knew the history and potential for truth but that was the 1st time anyone clocked it. She said it with such certainty then went on to say my eyes and something about my nose. Hey ho! :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Djs63

Post by Djs63 »

Please can I ask a simple question? The webpages refer to the income coming back to the investor via the supplier of his/her electricity and it reads as though there will be several suppliers but is there a list available at the moment please?
Proven 6 kWh max turbine, PV 8 KW solar hot water (15 evacuated tubes). Kia eNiro and MG Z5 EV, triple glazing, ground source heat pump and wood stove plus 3000 trees, battery electric chain saw etc, 6000 litres of rainwater storage
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Djs63 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:13 am Please can I ask a simple question? The webpages refer to the income coming back to the investor via the supplier of his/her electricity and it reads as though there will be several suppliers but is there a list available at the moment please?
https://rippleenergy.com/suppliers
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
marshman

Post by marshman »

Note that that is a list of "anticipated" suppliers - Co-op (Octopus) are the only ones fully signed up, they are still "working with" the others in anticipation of them becoming supply partners. The fact you are tied to their partner suppliers is one of the things I am not keen on - I have have had recent bad experiences with the two biggest names on that list. As with all things of this nature DYOR (Do Your Own Research) and make your own informed decisions.
Djs63

Post by Djs63 »

Thank you Marshman. I had to go and look up who our current supplier is, we’ve had so many recently! It’s EON. We shall see.
Proven 6 kWh max turbine, PV 8 KW solar hot water (15 evacuated tubes). Kia eNiro and MG Z5 EV, triple glazing, ground source heat pump and wood stove plus 3000 trees, battery electric chain saw etc, 6000 litres of rainwater storage
Mart

Post by Mart »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:28 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:04 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:57 pm

But I don't do a good welsh accent and I'm camera shy. :lol:
Fair enough!
Why not give Mart a nudge, he's a local so might fit the bill on both counts. :lol:
Sorry mate, missed this completely, and what a coincidence.

Wifey and I (and the dog as well) took TiMmY for a spin on Monday with the plan of taking pics/vid of the WT for you, but utter failure.

First, we weren't sure of the best approach, and as it's a hill, the roads go around it, so one choice looked like we wouldn't get close, so took another route. All went well as we entered the nearby village, and just needed to take a rt turn to head toward the hill ................. oh boy!

The road was narrow with cars parked on both sides. We couldn't turn rt as a van had entered before us but was stuck next to a refuse truck coming out, so no room for us to enter. The truck couldn't leave the road (turning rt) as coming up the road was another refuse truck and the gap was just big enough for a car, but not a truck to squeeze by. The truck coming up couldn't drive past us, because the parked cars meant the cars behind us were in the middle of the road.

The only way to release the blockage was for us to go straight on and breath in as we nearly scraped both sides of the car getting past the second refuse truck, but were then stuck next to it, as traffic ahead was blocked by ...... yep you've guessed it, a third refuse truck, but he wasn't long, just reversing into a school, with just inches to spare on each gate pillar.

So went ahead, found a rt turn, but no way through, couldn't double back because the road was now gridlocked, and couldn't see another route that looked to be more than a farm track.

Also we had an Oh Dear moment whilst scanning the google images on the Tesla's sat nav, we could see about 6 large wind turbines pictured, and realised we had no idea how to work out which one was Ripple's?

By then, sore, tired and hungry, so we decided on a tactical withdraw.

Still, I got to take the new car for a spin and a lovely weather day.

The best-laid plans of mice and men!
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 am
Fair enough!
Why not give Mart a nudge, he's a local so might fit the bill on both counts. :lol:

Wifey and I (and the dog as well) took TiMmY for a spin on Monday with the plan of taking pics/vid of the WT for you, but utter failure.

First, we weren't sure of the best approach, and as it's a hill, the roads go around it, so one choice looked like we wouldn't get close, so took another route. All went well as we entered the nearby village, and just needed to take a rt turn to head toward the hill ................. oh boy!

The road was narrow with cars parked on both sides. We couldn't turn rt as a van had entered before us but was stuck next to a refuse truck coming out, so no room for us to enter. The truck couldn't leave the road (turning rt) as coming up the road was another refuse truck and the gap was just big enough for a car, but not a truck to squeeze by. The truck coming up couldn't drive past us, because the parked cars meant the cars behind us were in the middle of the road.

The only way to release the blockage was for us to go straight on and breath in as we nearly scraped both sides of the car getting past the second refuse truck, but were then stuck next to it, as traffic ahead was blocked by ...... yep you've guessed it, a third refuse truck, but he wasn't long, just reversing into a school, with just inches to spare on each gate pillar.

So went ahead, found a rt turn, but no way through, couldn't double back because the road was now gridlocked, and couldn't see another route that looked to be more than a farm track.

Also we had an Oh Dear moment whilst scanning the google images on the Tesla's sat nav, we could see about 6 large wind turbines pictured, and realised we had no idea how to work out which one was Ripple's?

I found the village and also had a great view of ridgeline from co-op carpark. Hope to get back down this Summer. Very glad there was no damage!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 am The only way to release the blockage was for us to go straight on and breath in as we nearly scraped both sides of the car getting past the second refuse truck.
We all do this don't we, we always breath in when squeezing through a narrow gap. :lol:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 am
Fair enough!

Oh my Mart, what a nightmare! A bad enough experience for any motorist let alone in a brand new EV just off the Quay. Good job there was extra headroom clearance in the Y as your stress levels must have been sky high. I can well understand your tactical withdrawal and hope any mental scars remaining heal almost as quickly as when they arrived. Did TiMmY survive intact?