Air to Air Heat Pump

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
newtoallthis

Air to Air Heat Pump

Post by newtoallthis »

Hi,

Does the forum have any experience of Air to AIr heat pumps ?

I could do with a small unit to heat our living room/hallway, it would only need to be around 2-3KW output and would run overnight on E7 or during the day powered by PV and the proposed new batteries. I would expect that it is only needed during the months Nov-Feb.

I could also do with a similar size unit for the south facing kitchen/diner, this would also typically run during Nov-Feb, but when we get full sun days in the summer, the kitchen can get hot and as we have a huge suplus of PV electricity at those times we may as well use a little to keep cool.

I am interested in reliability, efficiency and cost. SWMBO will probably insist that they are not too ugly. Any recommended suppliers and/or models ?

One of my projects over the next year was to install Brise Soleil across the back of the house, but it has dawned on me that we only have a problem in peak summer sun, so I may as well install a heat pump and kill two birds with one stone.

The rest of the house stays lovely and cool due to aspect, overhanging roofs and black out blinds in the bedrooms.
Multiplus II 5000VA 48V
4 x Pylontec US3000
3.68 KW AC coupled roof mounted PV
1.38 KW DC coupled roof mounted PV
3.68 KW DC coupled ground mounted PV
4KW Air 2 Air Heat Pump.
nowty

Re: Air to Air Heat Pump

Post by nowty »

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's