New radiators for ASHP

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
greentangerine

New radiators for ASHP

Post by greentangerine »

Committed now to my ASHP install as the £5k BUS voucher has been approved and I've paid the deposit.

My quote includes a nominal sum for the supply of new radiators to be revised depending on what we decide to go for.

Having looked online, there seems to be a huge range of options plus a debate on whether steel or aluminium is better.

We're looking for a range with a wide selection of double panel (K2/Type 22??) in white that looks modern and doesn't cost the earth.

I need to replace 22 in total.

All suggestions welcome!
65 x Ø58mm SunnPro/Gledhill 450l
Solis Mini 4G 3kW/Sharp ND210/2.94kWp
SB1600/Sharp ND220/1.76kWp
SB1600/Kinve 235/2.115kWp
Dean Forge Croft Clearburn 11kW
SoFar ME3000/Pylontech US2000/19.2kWh
Ecodan 11kW HP
MG4
Zoe R135
PVOutput
Stinsy

Re: New radiators for ASHP

Post by Stinsy »

Replace 22 rads? REALLY?

I''ve never heard of anyone needing to replace that many rads! A big chunk of the additional heating capacity is provided by running the system longer and cycling it less.

Many 90's or newer houses do have teeny rads because the developer did the sums based on 80℃ feed temperatures and very optimistic insulation performance assumptions with the intention of saving every penny they could. So these houses will need bigger rads, but this is usually sorted by swapping rads from the bigger rooms into the smaller ones and buying just a few new ones.

80's and earlier houses tend to already have oversized rads so don't usually require many changes.

As for radiator brands: I'm a big fan of Stelrad Classic Compact they come in every size you can imagine...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Have you checked the pipework to the radiators? Because the ASHP rns at much ower temperature for longer periods the flow rates tend to be much higher and larger diameter pipework is required. If the builders saved oney by using microbore chances of satisfactory performance at low temperature from an ASHP could be sriously compromised.
AGT

Post by AGT »

Stelrad white double panel double convector for me.