LuxPower - adding extra batteries

Lincs Robert

LuxPower - adding extra batteries

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hi,

I have a pair of Lux ACS 3600 LXP units with 4 x US2000 batteries each. I want to add an extra battery, but will have to go to US2000C I guess.

If I understand rightly, I make the new 2000C the master battery in each stack and connect my current 2000 batteries into the 2000C battery? Same cables, just a different config. My 2000 units are mid 2019 vintage and each of the 3600 units had updated software which was done when the system was upgraded to master/slave a few months ago.

Comments welcome please - especially on getting the voltages to match before making the DC connection. I guess I’m after a bit or moral support before buying a pair of new batteries! Any idea of where stocks them at a decent price?

Cheers- Rob
Stinsy

Re: LuxPower - adding extra batteries

Post by Stinsy »

You can add any Pylontech to the stack (US2000, US3000, or US5000)! There didn’t used to be much difference in price/kWh between them, but now the US5000 seem to be way better value.

I’ve seen it advised that you’re supposed to make the new one the “master” at the top of the stack. This is because newer firmware will communicate with older firmware but not necessarily the other way around.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

ITS seem to have a container or two inbound and they’re not all spoken for. Get ‘em while they’re hot:

12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

They will also balance themselves over the course of a few days. My batteries were delivered in two batches, so I ran three US3000Cs for a few weeks then added three more, with different states of charge. They stayed out of balance for a few days, then gradually all got to the same state of charge. After a week or so they were all in balance and have stayed like that for the couple of years we've had then all hooked up together. I think the only thing I did in the first week or so was make sure they were all charged to 100% every night for few days, to give them the best chance of getting in balance.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Thanks 👍
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 pm ITS seem to have a container or two inbound and they’re not all spoken for. Get ‘em while they’re hot:

Although their price is ok, they want to charge almost £180 EACH per battery for delivery and won’t allow collection. Ordered from elsewhere …
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

My experience with ITS is that they will definitely aggregate shipping when it's on a pallet. I called them, they only charged one shipping charge for all the batteries plus some accessories I bought at the same time. Great people to deal with on the phone, very helpful indeed. Their website doesn't properly aggregate shipping costs, hence the need to just give them a call.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter