Kintore Hydrogen project?

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Kintore Hydrogen project?

Post by Joeboy »

16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Re: Kintore Hydrogen project?

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 pm https://kintorehydrogen.co.uk/
Thanks Joe, that was an interesting one until I read it was "providing the UK gas network with a large supply of green hydrogen", I thought the government had only recently announced it had shelved plans to introduce hydrogen into the gas network as it didn't make economic sense let alone the likely risks involved in following through with it!
Perhaps I misheard!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Who knows? Kintore has a massive substation and a large battery storage site as well as huge amounts of WT's in a 20 mile radius. I can see the benefit but what will.the Hydeogen be used for? 🤔
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Krill

Post by Krill »

Ammonia production?
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

I think that the English Govt has shelved plans for H2 gas blend, but the Scottish Govt still intends to push ahead with a trial.
Adokforme wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:19 am
Thanks Joe, that was an interesting one until I read it was "providing the UK gas network with a large supply of green hydrogen", I thought the government had only recently announced it had shelved plans to introduce hydrogen into the gas network as it didn't make economic sense let alone the likely risks involved in following through with it!
Perhaps I misheard!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

dan_b wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:21 am I think that the English Govt has shelved plans for H2 gas blend, but the Scottish Govt still intends to push ahead with a trial.
Adokforme wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:19 am
Perhaps I misheard!
Thanks for additional info Dan. I had been holding Scotland in high regard on the renewable energy front, unfortunately they seem to have lost their way a little recently. But at least they still allow wind turbines to be built.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

I think it's probably a result of undue influence of the petrochemical industry in Scotland - the only industry that would benefit from H2 heating is the fossil fuel extractors...
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
smegal

Post by smegal »

dan_b wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:17 am I think it's probably a result of undue influence of the petrochemical industry in Scotland - the only industry that would benefit from H2 heating is the fossil fuel extractors...
And gas network operators. If net zero happens as intended, there will be a lot of stranded assets.