Octopus Free Power Hours

Joeboy

Re: Octopus Free Power Hours

Post by Joeboy »

richbee wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:04 pm Don't think the lack of email or otherwise is regional necessarily - I haven't had any emails since the first one, but my wife gets one each time for her son's flat in Newcastle, which is only 25 miles away, so presumably in the same region??

Has anyone had a summary email from the 1st session saying how much they have saved?

Does anyone else see it on the app? I can only see any mention of free electricity when I log in on Chrome on PC or phone, not the app
TBH, I am asking as I like the fanboy initiative Octopus roled out a couple of years back, I also like this free power initiative but looking beyond that to a time when nodal pricing across the UK region saturation/demand/RE generation area dependent is fully deployed. I don't think we are quite there yet and I'm not into the who generated what and when. Although this made me think of it "Nodal".
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:19 pm Just looking at my emails and free power one came in at 14:41hrs. :D
Cool! I am still hoping for clarification as I like the idea of the grid evolving organically and hopefully projects going in at denser population points where demand is highest. I find this stuff fascinating. :ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Email just received :)
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Greg Jackson has been tweeting a lot about the need for/benefits of regional pricing recently.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

richbee wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:04 pm Don't think the lack of email or otherwise is regional necessarily - I haven't had any emails since the first one, but my wife gets one each time for her son's flat in Newcastle, which is only 25 miles away, so presumably in the same region??

Has anyone had a summary email from the 1st session saying how much they have saved?

Does anyone else see it on the app? I can only see any mention of free electricity when I log in on Chrome on PC or phone, not the app
Isn't the app what you get on a [smart]phone? I use Firefox on a laptop to look at my account and Gmail emails come in via Thunderbird. I have been emailed about each one (that I know of) so far.
I thought they said that the notification would be within a week and the first one was last Thursday... payment (credit back to our accounts) at billing time, I think
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:13 pm

Isn't the app what you get on a [smart]phone? I use Firefox on a laptop to look at my account and Gmail emails come in via Thunderbird. I have been emailed about each one (that I know of) so far.
I thought they said that the notification would be within a week and the first one was last Thursday... payment (credit back to our accounts) at billing time, I think
Notification of saving within 7 days, credit within 14 days
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mail in to No1 & I. Makes me wonder though, why the delay in comms across the island? Anyone an idea?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Email in for me this morning for today’s 1pm session.
nowty

Post by nowty »

I turned off grid charge last night so there might be some empty space come 1pm. :xx:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Mine's set to 100% for today's session and I've just dragged out a 3Kw log saw to cut some timber free for an hour, fingers crossed etc.

Forgot, dishwasher is going to run a bit late today for free as well.