ASHP & triple glazing

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
AGT

Re: ASHP & triple glazing

Post by AGT »

Depends on how easy it is to move stuff about, I would recommend boxing up ornaments etc moving stuff to garage/outhouse as things can easily be damaged when using dust sheets…makes it easy to move furniture too.
Anything that makes their job easier will be benefit to you.

If you also say I might go and sleep at sons/bongo, the benefit of this is that they might not to spend an hour at night loosely putting floor boards back, water on etc.. Friday might be snagging/insulation/ final tidy up

Used to manage occupied rewire/central heating upgrades in occupied council houses 20/25 years ago so got a bit of experience in this….
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:41 am Depends on how easy it is to move stuff about, I would recommend boxing up ornaments etc moving stuff to garage/outhouse as things can easily be damaged when using dust sheets…makes it easy to move furniture too.
Anything that makes their job easier will be benefit to you.

If you also say I might go and sleep at sons/bongo, the benefit of this is that they might not to spend an hour at night loosely putting floor boards back, water on etc.. Friday might be snagging/insulation/ final tidy up

Used to manage occupied rewire/central heating upgrades in occupied council houses 20/25 years ago so got a bit of experience in this….
All great ideas, thank you. Just finished clearing the loft for access. 590mm between rafters where the new cylinder will be sited. Overgarage loft to be cleared tomorrow for primary pipe runs. I'll be doing some remedial insulation in loft once it's all done. Just to cover any exposed insulation cracks and rework any pipe insulation. I've asked that they check the ground floor underfloor pipes and carry out any remedial pipe insulation required while they're under there. Extra on top of quote but I won't ever be under there so might as well.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Took a bit of time to fit a Europlast 100mm Series X Model Extra dehumidistat fan today. Pig of a job as it replaced a 6" fan and there was no permenant live.

I've got it roughed in (and I do mean rough) for testing but i'm not impressed. Here's my mail to the manufacturer. It will give you an idea. :D

"Hi,

I bought a Europlast 100mm fan with dehumidistat (series X) from Amazon uk. I have wired it as per the the stamp on the plastic shroud and as per this pic.

Terminal closest to fan switched live
Centre terminal Neutral
Terminal closest to unit edge Permanant live

The back of the manual shows different wiring. Which is right? Also, the red led flashing, what does that signify?

The timing and humidistat pots i've tried them both fully anti clockwise and also clockwise. The fan keeps running and has not switched off. I can accept it may be the humidistat function but the rest of my house is under 60% humidity. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks"

I ran another dehumidifer in there and sure enough it shutdown so maybe i'll have to give it some time to adapt?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:34 pm Took a bit of time to fit a Europlast 100mm Series X Model Extra dehumidistat fan today. Pig of a job as it replaced a 6" fan and there was no permenant live.

I've got it roughed in (and I do mean rough) for testing but i'm not impressed. Here's my mail to the manufacturer. It will give you an idea. :D

"Hi,

I bought a Europlast 100mm fan with dehumidistat (series X) from Amazon uk. I have wired it as per the the stamp on the plastic shroud and as per this pic.

Terminal closest to fan switched live
Centre terminal Neutral
Terminal closest to unit edge Permanant live

The back of the manual shows different wiring. Which is right? Also, the red led flashing, what does that signify?

The timing and humidistat pots i've tried them both fully anti clockwise and also clockwise. The fan keeps running and has not switched off. I can accept it may be the humidistat function but the rest of my house is under 60% humidity. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks"

I ran another dehumidifer in there and sure enough it shutdown so maybe i'll have to give it some time to adapt?

With hindsight the humidistat might be messing up my id'ing the timer direction on the pot, same with the dehumidistat setting. I'll be able to mess about more tomorrow once the polyfilla is set properly.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The shutter humidistat fan is a mere aside, although the shutter IS effective, defo a breeze blowing in there when i was working at it. If its still a bit iffy tomorrow once i'm up and at it i'll return it and buy a better quality unit (any advice in the 100mm aisle appreciated)?

The good news today is that we are grant approved for the ASHP , woohoo! :D

We also changed out an over garage incandescent flood for a LED unit and a side access solar powered pir light was installed. :ugeek:

Old crap
New hotness
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs