Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Bugtownboy »

I’ve been doing the Zoe surveillance from the start too. I think it’s a real pity HMG are pulling funding just when they start to develop the programme looking at wider health issues - eg, gut health and immunity.

When you consider how much money was spent on a pretty dysfunctional T, T & T.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 am
nowty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:35 pm I'm not feeling too good now, like having a mild hangover, tired, dizzy, slight headache, scratchy throat and an occasional dry cough but I am still testing negative on lateral flow test.

SWMBO has slight chills but is also testing negative.

Turns out that my daughters fiancé went out to a restaurant with his work colleagues some time last week and he started feeling a bit odd before I arrived in London to pick them up on Friday. But they both did a test before I turned up (negative), another on Friday night (negative), another Saturday morning (negative). Slight vague test line on Saturday night and full on red test line on Sunday morning.

So if I've got it, maybe another day or so before testing positive on a lateral flow test.

There is also a new sub-variant of Omicron, called BA.2, which is now thought to be the most common strain in most of the UK. Even more infectious than the standard Omicron.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60709712
Unlucky, we had difficulty sleeping last week or so as throat uncomfortable and much snoring by both of us. The cure the last two nights has been 1.5 Beechams lemon cold & flu each in a big mug. Knocked us right out and feeling better than in weeks.
This thing felt like a cold with that punky feeling for a fortnight. Faded then came back in the nose and throat for another two weeks. Pretty sure it's almost gone now.
Woke up feeling like a really bad hangover but once I was up and about, not too bad. I took a test and its now positive. :evil:

So registered it with NHS and called the clinic which is conducting the Sanofi Covid vaccine booster trial I am on. Loads of questions and then they asked me to get to the clinic If I could to have a medical check and PCR test. So already been and returned, my blood pressure is significantly up. They gave me a daily diary to fill in and I have to check my oxygen levels twice a day with a finger oxymeter. If it goes below 93% I have to call them immediately.

SWMBO seems to be still ok and testing negative.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

93% blimey! I have been know to drag my elderly behind around with 86% when having a bad asthma day, main thing is dont struggle to do things if they feel too much then leave it! Exertion at low blood oxygen levels leaves you at risk from suddenly passing out, again bad asthma combined with a hacking cough sometimes means I cant breath through a coughing fit and then................I wake up on the floor with a headache where I hit it on the way down. First time that happened it took me a week to figure out why I was missing short chunks of memory :roll:

Take care Nowty

Moxi
Stig

Post by Stig »

The reason I didn't get a PCR test when I went down with it 3 weeks ago was because I couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes without nearly passing out. No way I could have got to the nearest post box never mind a testing centre! I'd done a negative LF test and didn't have a cough so naively assumed it was flu.

Lots better now but still get out of puff with moderate exercise so slowly, slowly...
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Increasing my Vitamin D from 800 to 1800 and 25mg of Zinc daily seems to have helped my Long Covid enormously.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinbum wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:37 pm Increasing my Vitamin D from 800 to 1800 and 25mg of Zinc daily seems to have helped my Long Covid enormously.
SWMBO has been daily force feeding me vitamin C, D, Zinc, Tumeric and Manuka honey since the pandemic began. :lol:

SWMBO is also in an awkward position, as she does not seem to have any symptoms today and is testing negative but she is in the high risk category as I found out today that the extremely vulnerable category no longer exists.

She wont get any sick pay unless she tests positive with PCR, officially you cannot request a PCR unless you have symptoms or test positive on a lateral flow. The guidance for her (as living with a close family member with covid) is work from home if she can but as a cleaner she cant. So for the moment she is just absent from work.

Because of her category, she already has an emergency standby PCR test kit she could take now but then if she tests negative her manager wants her to return to work even though she still may get infected at any time because of me. So she wants to do the "Right" thing but the system seems to persecute people in her position.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

That's another thing i like about the Zoe study- if you reported feeling unwell they invited you to take a PCR test.

PCR is much more sensitive than lateral flow though..

Hope your feeling better soon.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Has anyone else noticed that Nowty and Tinbum have equipment lists that read like they should belong to a Bond villains hideaway all thats missing from the small power station set up is the solex agitator and handy little laser cannon ! :twisted:

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 pm Has anyone else noticed that Nowty and Tinbum have equipment lists that read like they should belong to a Bond villains hideaway all thats missing from the small power station set up is the solex agitator and handy little laser cannon ! :twisted:

Moxi
Stop it Moxi !, I'm PML and that's making my Covid headache worse. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mart

Post by Mart »

I was going to have a grumble and complain about all the back ache that I seem to have everytime the Covid sniffles come back (roughly 4 days on 4 days off), but instead thought I'd post a cheerful pic from Saturday when we took Buster the dog to Avonmouth to meet TiMmY:

8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.