Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Joeboy »

That's a real EV challenge day. :o

Hopefully Covid will pass you by or its a weak strain.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:16 am
Hopefully Covid will pass you by or its a weak strain...
...or it is a common cold (many have always been caused by coronaviruses) producing a "faint line" on the test.
Lots of other colds going round at the moment too, probably because we haven't been mixing much for 2 years.

A good illustration of the disruption resulting from our changed perception of risk nowadays. People/tourists from the far east wearing facemasks when out and about used to look odd and out of place, one of our friends used to insist on wearing cotton gloves anywhere outside her own house which we thought was OTT, but nowadays...!
Having had Covid quite badly at the start of it and being jabbed and boosted on top, we are just getting on with our lives now.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:28 am
Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:16 am
Hopefully Covid will pass you by or its a weak strain...
...or it is a common cold (many have always been caused by coronaviruses) producing a "faint line" on the test.
Lots of other colds going round at the moment too, probably because we haven't been mixing much for 2 years.

A good illustration of the disruption resulting from our changed perception of risk nowadays. People/tourists from the far east wearing facemasks when out and about used to look odd and out of place, one of our friends used to insist on wearing cotton gloves anywhere outside her own house which we thought was OTT, but nowadays...!
Having had Covid quite badly at the start of it and being jabbed and boosted on top, we are just getting on with our lives now.
A
We had Covid pre press release so to speak and been fine since. Caught a lurgy of some description when in Darlington and that bad boy is only shifting now and that's a full 4 weeks, Go figure!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Respiratory syncytial virus? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respirato ... tial_virus "3-week colds" were in the news a few months ago.
We have had a few colds and occasionally felt under the weather in the last year, so we have used 10 lateral flow tests between us and all have come out negative!
Tended to use tests before going out to social events with (even) older people, but only if we suspected we might have something.
We definitely stayed home if we felt rough, but we have always done that - unlike some people who mask their illness and go out anyway, inevitably passing it on. It's why we avoid New Year's Eve functions, having found they are some of the worst spreading events.
A
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:40 am Respiratory syncytial virus? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respirato ... tial_virus "3-week colds" were in the news a few months ago.
We have had a few colds and occasionally felt under the weather in the last year, so we have used 10 lateral flow tests between us and all have come out negative!
Tended to use tests before going out to social events with (even) older people, but only if we suspected we might have something.
We definitely stayed home if we felt rough, but we have always done that - unlike some people who mask their illness and go out anyway, inevitably passing it on. It's why we avoid New Year's Eve functions, having found they are some of the worst spreading events.
A
Aye that looks about right. Normally shift Winter lurgy in 3 days. 4 weeks is taking the Mick! No worries though! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I'm not feeling too good now, like having a mild hangover, tired, dizzy, slight headache, scratchy throat and an occasional dry cough but I am still testing negative on lateral flow test.

SWMBO has slight chills but is also testing negative.

Turns out that my daughters fiancé went out to a restaurant with his work colleagues some time last week and he started feeling a bit odd before I arrived in London to pick them up on Friday. But they both did a test before I turned up (negative), another on Friday night (negative), another Saturday morning (negative). Slight vague test line on Saturday night and full on red test line on Sunday morning.

So if I've got it, maybe another day or so before testing positive on a lateral flow test.

There is also a new sub-variant of Omicron, called BA.2, which is now thought to be the most common strain in most of the UK. Even more infectious than the standard Omicron.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60709712
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:35 pm I'm not feeling too good now, like having a mild hangover, tired, dizzy, slight headache, scratchy throat and an occasional dry cough but I am still testing negative on lateral flow test.

SWMBO has slight chills but is also testing negative.

Turns out that my daughters fiancé went out to a restaurant with his work colleagues some time last week and he started feeling a bit odd before I arrived in London to pick them up on Friday. But they both did a test before I turned up (negative), another on Friday night (negative), another Saturday morning (negative). Slight vague test line on Saturday night and full on red test line on Sunday morning.

So if I've got it, maybe another day or so before testing positive on a lateral flow test.

There is also a new sub-variant of Omicron, called BA.2, which is now thought to be the most common strain in most of the UK. Even more infectious than the standard Omicron.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60709712
Unlucky, we had difficulty sleeping last week or so as throat uncomfortable and much snoring by both of us. The cure the last two nights has been 1.5 Beechams lemon cold & flu each in a big mug. Knocked us right out and feeling better than in weeks.
This thing felt like a cold with that punky feeling for a fortnight. Faded then came back in the nose and throat for another two weeks. Pretty sure it's almost gone now.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 am Unlucky, we had difficulty sleeping last week or so as throat uncomfortable and much snoring by both of us. The cure the last two nights has been 1.5 Beechams lemon cold & flu each in a big mug. Knocked us right out and feeling better than in weeks.
This thing felt like a cold with that punky feeling for a fortnight. Faded then came back in the nose and throat for another two weeks. Pretty sure it's almost gone now.
Have you done any testing? It would be interesting to know if it was one of the types of Covid, or something else.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:34 am
Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 am Unlucky, we had difficulty sleeping last week or so as throat uncomfortable and much snoring by both of us. The cure the last two nights has been 1.5 Beechams lemon cold & flu each in a big mug. Knocked us right out and feeling better than in weeks.
Have you done any testing? It would be interesting to know if it was one of the types of Covid, or something else.
Tested Neg.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

The main symptoms for Covid are nothing like the Governments list and haven't been for most of the pandemic. It's caused arguments in our household as I've been doing the Zoe covid app right from day one and been keeping track of symptoms. In early March 2020 my wife's sister and husband told us they both had colds (with a loss of taste and smell) and wouldn't believe me when I said they had covid. The case tracking has been excellent yesterday they reckoned on nearly 234,000 cases- compare that with the gov cases reported. The ONS study is quite good but lags by a couple of weeks. (My son did a PCR for it last week after receiving an invitation).
Last edited by Tinbum on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW